Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO/ORM – 441 4th ST NW, Washington DC 20003
Position closes 06/08/2017
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
The District of Columbia Government seeks an entry-level HR business analyst to assist the HR department with the Worker’s Compensation project administered by the Office of Risk Management (ORM.)
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
PeopleSoft HCM 9X functional experience as a user in the context of human capital management (Highly desired)
Fundamentals of payroll processing, and related human resources practices; (Required 1 year)
Document technical issues related to PeopleSoft HCM and coordinate resolution with technical support team (Required 1 year)
Reading and interpreting technical data related to business applications and data processing; (Required 5 years)
Analytical and organizational ability to interpret user needs and requirements into recommended system changes / enhancements; (Required 5 years)
Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, and others. (Required 5 years)
Assists with the development and maintenance of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) program. (Desired)
Analyzes and evaluates ERP application systems. Assists in software upgrades, documentation, and implementation. (Desired)
Customizes and configures workflow to allow the integration of client/server applications. (Desired)
Tests ERP layout to ensure the system is meeting corporate needs. (Required 1 year)
Bachelor’s degree or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
The PeopleSoft HCM Analyst will assist the District with design, configuration, develops specifications, tests, coordinates work, and documents the processes and procedures in the PeopleSoft HCM application software related to payroll and HR.
Under general direction, the PeopleSoft HCM Analyst provides functional insight and acts as a liaison between the Office of Risk Management (ORM,) DCHR, the Office of Pay and Retirement Services (OPRS) and the Office of the Chief Technology Officer (OCTO.)
1. Provides functional assistance and support for HR-related tasks executed with PeopleSoft HCM.
2. Monitors ongoing comprehensive quality assurance of PeopleSoft HCM functionality in assigned and related areas.
3. Assists in troubleshooting PeopleSoft HCM functional defects
4. Assists in identifying application problems and finding solutions to business problems through changes in user configurations.
5. Communicates and coordinates business requirements of HR/Payroll processes and works with end users and IT personnel, such as the help desk, in the management of process changes.
7. Researches, develops report specifications, designs and works closely with technical staff and end users to create data reports.
8. Performs additional tasks under direction of senior staff
1. Assists with the development and maintenance of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) program.
2. Analyzes and evaluates ERP application systems. Assists in software upgrades, documentation, and implementation.
3. Customizes and configures workflow to allow the integration of client/server applications.
4. Tests ERP layout to ensure the system is meeting corporate needs.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.