Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 06/09/2017
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
1-5 years of experience. Position provides on-site support to the OCTO data curation program for various data/GIS enhancement, update, and creation activities
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
1-5 yrs managing complex geodatabases with ESRI GIS software (Required 1 year)
1-5 yrs manipulating geospatial data (data conversion and geocoding) (Required 1 year)
Bachelors in IT or related field (Nice to have)
Experience in data analysis, editing, curation, and QA/QC (Required 1 year)
Experience using Microsoft Excel and Access to perform general data tasks and analysis (Required 1 year)
Working knowledge of GIS techniques such as geocoding, georeferencing, and general GIS operations. (Required 1 year)
Experience working in or with state and local governments (Required 6 months)
Familiarity with ETL engines such as FME. (Highly desired)
1. Analyzes, designs, develops, implements and supports enterprise complex projects.
2. Interfaces with other offices, consult with and inform user departments on system requirements, resolve problems and operating difficulties for the current and future enhancements to District’s system.
3. Participates in problem resolution related to system design and implementation review.
4. Recommends approval of functional and technical design documents and implementation of systems, program enhancements and updates of applications.
5. Analyzes and evaluates system changes to determine feasibility, alternative solutions and back-up procedures.
6. Works on the development of new systems, upgrades and enhancements to existing systems and ensure systems are in compliance with approved standards.
7. Develops complex programs and reports in database query language
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.