Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 06/29/2017
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
1-2 years of experience working in networking or a network operations center department.
Primary role involves monitoring critical infrastructure and network related components,
performing an initial triage of incidents, and escalating incidents.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
1-2 yrs providing technical support to computer system users by telephone, email, and remedyforce ticket etc. (Required 1 year)
1-2 yrs maintaining personal computers, systems, network switches, routers and printers
1-2 yrs installing and troubleshooting application, computer operating systems and software
High school diploma, GED or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Nice to have)
The NOC Customer Support Entry Level Analyst is responsible for first line technical support, maintenance and monitoring of highly available and complex District Government enterprise network infrastructure. Primary role
involves monitoring critical infrastructure and network related components, performing an initial triage of incidents, and escalating incidents. An ideal candidate will be motivated to take ownership of daily and ongoing network projects. Be capable of contribute to ongoing network redesigns and work well in team oriented environment.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
High-school diploma or GED or related field or equivalent experience
1. Provide technical assistance to computer system users on a variety of issues.
2. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
3. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
4. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
5. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
6. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote location.
7. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
8. Provide service and preventive maintenance activities on terminals, printers, personal computers basic knowledge of electrical/mechanical principles and basic electronics.
9. Reads and comprehends technical service manuals and publications.
10. Knowledge of basic mathematics to read and understand various gauges, meters, and measurement devices.
11. Able to diagnose and repair products by replacing worn or broken parts, and making technical adjustments.
12. Makes appropriate use of reference publications and diagnostic aids in resolving technical problems.
13. Strong communication skills.
14. Assists in coordination of changes, upgrades and new products, ensuring systems shall operate correctly in current and future environment.
15. Provides accurate and complete answers to general use and 35 administrative environment questions in a timely manner.
16. Implements shared software, such as operating systems, configuration management tools, application and development tools, testing tools, compilers, and code editors.
17. Communicates accurate and useful status updates.
18. Manages and reports time spent on all work activities.
19. Ability to work in a team environment.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.