Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DCPS – 1200 First Street NE, 9th Floor Washington, DC 20002
Position closes 06/16/2017
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
OCTO is seeking a Mobility Consultant to provide expert engineering services, advanced technical support, troubleshooting, monitoring and management of the enterprise Mobile Device backend infrastructure managing and supporting the DCPS MDM – AirWatch
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Expert knowledge of Apple DEP and client requirements (Required 4 years)
Expert knowledge of AirWatch MDM (Required 4 years)
Knowledge and experience with the mobility platforms such as Airwatch, BES, GOOD (Required 3 years)
Strong knowledge of PowerShell scripting experience (Required 4 years)
Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure (Desired)
Experience with AirWatch and mobile device management (Desired)
3rd party LDAP application integration knowledge (Desired)
Experience with Apple Configurator and/or Apple School Manager (Highly desired)
11-15 yrs as SME in complex enterprise level projects (Required)
OCTO is seeking a Mobility Consultant to provide expert engineering services, advanced technical support, troubleshooting, monitoring and management of the enterprise Mobile
Device backend infrastructure managing and supporting the DCPS MDM – AirWatch deployment for the agency . MDM consultant will be working with Apple on DEP and AirWatch. MDM consultant will architect, administer and support enterprise AirWatch infrastructure solutions. This individual must possess strong project management, analytical and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to thrive in a team environment.
The Senior Systems Engineer will provide guidance in supporting the DCPS O365 and AirWatch Mobile Device Management (MDM) integration. The Systems admin should have expertise in the following domains: Apple DEP, AirWatch ,O365, Azure, This role requires an in depth knowledge of O365, Microsoft Azure and VMware AirWatch MDM.
The Mobility Consultant will also be responsible for DCPS wide distribution of mobile applications as well as establishment and ongoing upkeep of technical documentation as needed to support the MDM environment and the associated MDM policies and procedures.
Responsibilities/Duties Include, but are not limited to:
• Expert level of AirWatch backend server and console support
• Perform console configuration as required to support mobile device management
• Configure device quarantine and mandatory enrollment policy for new O365 device activation
• Assist with day today enrollment/provisioning/monitoring of devices
• Provide recommendations for optimization and assist with implementation of any improvements identified
• Plan and coordinate upgrade and maintenance activities for the Airwatch environment
• Assist with tracking, monitoring, and troubleshooting as necessary
• Responsible for monitoring and resolving Service Desk escalated incident and problem tickets assigned to the Exchange team regarding AirWatch. All incidents should be worked to service level targets and resolutions documented in call detail.
• Monitor performance levels and capacity of supported applications, and assist in proper capacity planning and management.
• Manage DCPS MDM solution (AirWatch) including system architecture and development. Support DCPS MDM roll out and frame work for school POC’s.
• Must be a close partner in proximity to DCPS Office of the Chief Operating Officer IT Division on site at DCPS central office 3 or 4 prescheduled days per week.
• Serve as the primary focal point for DCPS escalations for all fore mentioned responsibilities.
1. Provides assessments of technical and operational practices based on leading industry standards specific to the requested technology.
2. Plans, organizes, and conducts research in a variety of areas, such as new or existing products, science, social science, law or business in support of an IT initiative.
3. Searches sources such as reference works, literature, documents, newspapers, statistical records, and other sources of information. May use Internet, Intranet, magazines, periodicals, journals, and other media to perform research.
4. Analyzes information and statistical data to prepare reports and studies for use by professionals.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Master’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.