Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DHS – 64 NY Ave, NE Washington, DC, 20002
Position closes 08/04/2017
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
Senior Reports/Backend SQL Server Developer with proven professional experience in the design, development, delivery and enhancement of SQL queries, reports, procedures, functions and other necessary backend development.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Proven experience in IT field with focus on the technical reporting, system setup, data analysis and analytics. (Required 11 years)
Proven experience in the setting up and configuration of MS SQL Server infrastructure. (Required 8 years)
Proven experience in creating and deploying reporting/dashboard solutions using Reporting Services of MS SQL Server together with good problem solving (Required 8 years)
SQL and Transact SQL (Required 8 years)
Excellent analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written (Required 11 years)
Candidate should be able to communicate and provide updates to Project manager, business analysts and other team members (Required 8 years)
Candidate should have worked on any of the leading Reporting tools like SSRS and Tableau (Required 3 years)
Candidate should strong ETL experience in Data Warehouse (Required 3 years)
Procedural Language knowledge (Joins/Cursors/Triggers) (Required 8 years)
Data warehousing concepts and schema description (Required 3 years)
Ability to work well in a team, collaborating with developers and/or independently (Required 11 years)
Business Intelligence platforms (experiences with ETL Tools like Informatica/SSIS/Data Stag (Required 3 years)
Healthcare & / or Government experience (Required 3 years)
Other Reporting tools Business Objects, MicroStrategy Cognos, and / or Qlikview. (Hihgly desired)
11-15 yrs designing, creating and maintaining databases in a client/server environment (Required 11 years)
11-15 yrs SQL experience (Required 11 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field (Required)
This position is housed under Application Support Division I (ASD I) of the Office of Information Systems (OIS) in direct support of the TANF 2.0 CATCH Application redesign.
The Application Support Division I is looking for a Senior Reports/Backend SQL Server Developer whose primary responsibilities include design, development, delivery and enhancement of SQL queries, reports, procedures, functions and other necessary backend development.
Candidate will be responsible for the implementation and management of business aligned IT services. Ensuring the application platform is of high quality, defects free and adheres to industry standards for development, testing and deployment methodologies.
The successful candidates will demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, characteristics, experiences and/or abilities:
• Delivers enterprise, Web-enabled reporting functionality and create reports that draw content from a variety of data sources, publish reports in various formats, and centrally manage security and subscriptions.
• Compliment/Capable of design, develop and deploy applications that support users on the case and program management especially with CATCH application.
• Provides mentorship and technical advice to a team of Application/Reports/Query developers.
• Provides strategic advice to the lead, management and customers of the OIS.
• Capable of implementing programming standards that support a secure and defect free application.
• Interacts daily with government clients in order to meet the technical requirements for new initiatives.
• Works with Quality Assurance / Quality Control teams to insure the application remains secure and defect free.
• Evaluates, designs, and implements accepted programming standards as they relate to the TANF 2.0 CATCH application and infrastructure.
• Defines and documents processes to be used by all application developers on the team.
• Plans, researches, and recommends new equipment, software tools, and related technologies.
• Uses monitoring and performance analysis tools to troubleshoot and isolate application performance issues.
• Updates system and process documentation, produces user guides, ER diagrams, and SOPs as needed – Including Visio Network design drawings.
• Other duties as assigned.
The incumbent will become an integral part of the ASD I Team, making every problem associated to the platform a problem of their own and will demonstrate the required initiative and critical thinking abilities necessary to resolve all problems and challenges accordingly.
This individual will be working closely with DHS OIS and its partner agencies to ensure the agencies’ priorities are met. This is a position within DHS OIS Division.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
1. Provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
2. Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
3. Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment.
4. Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
5. Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
6. Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to Job Control Language (JCL), access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
7. Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., Cognos)/back-end programming languages (e.g., Structured Query Language (SQL). Performs database programming and supports systems design.
8. Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.