Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCP – 441 4th Street, NW Suite 700 Washington, DC 20001
Position closes 08/08/2017
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
11-15 years of experience. Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
11-15 yrs diagnosing and resolving end user computer/computer peripherals problems (Required 11 years)
11-15 yrs providing second-tier support to end users, server, or mainframe apps/hardware (Required 11 years)
11-15 yrs documenting, tracking and monitoring end user, server, or mainframe apps/hardware problems (Required 11 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
IE 9 later Experiences (Required 4 years)
Experience Imaging systems using software and manually (Required 2 years)
IE 9 and later – 4 to 5
Be able to move equipment for desk movements and setups
New user setup
Years of experience needs to be all hands on not including training. Candidate needs to be able to hit the ground running and work with the team without additional training. Contract job description is relevant for this position and should be used.
1. Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users.
2. Ensures a timely process through which problems are controlled. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps.
3. Supervises operation of help desk and serves as focal point for customer concerns.
4. Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
5. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
6. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
7. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
8. Provides second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware.
9. Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
10. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
11. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.