Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DHS – 64 NY Ave, NE Washington, DC, 20002
Position closes 08/14/2017
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
Senior Application Developer with proven professional experience in the design, development, delivery and enhancement of Client-Server/Web-Based/Cloud-Based/Mobile Software Applications.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Proven experience in IT field with focus on the technical reporting, system setup, data analysis and analytics. (Required 11 years)
Experience with Visual Studio 2008, 2010, 2012 (Required 8 years)
Experience developing enterprise applications using Microsoft technologies within a distributed (n-tier) architecture. (Required 11 years)
Excellent analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written (Required 11 years)
Experience developing enterprise applications that interact with Oracle and MS SQL Server databases. (Required 5 years)
Candidate should strong ETL experience in Data Warehouse (Required 3 years)
Experience with .Net Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 (Required 8 years)
Experience with C# (Required 8 years)
Experience with Java / VB Script (Required 8 years)
Has the ability to work well in a team, collaborating with developers, custom (Required 11 years)
Business Intelligence platforms (Required 3 years)
Experiences with ETL Tools like Informatica/SSIS/Data Stag (Required 3 years)
Health Care or Government Experience (Required 2 years)
11-15 yrs troubleshooting production problems related to software applications (Required 11 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
This position is housed under Application Support Division I (ASD I) of the Office of Information Systems (OIS) in direct support of the TANF 2.0 CATCH Application redesign.
The Application Support Division I is looking for a Senior Application Developer whose primary responsibilities include design, development, delivery and enhancement of Client-Server/Web-Based/Cloud-Based/Mobile Software Applications using application software development languages/environments such as .NET/ASP/Visual C# etc.
Candidate will be responsible for the implementation and management of business aligned IT services. Ensuring the application platform is of high quality, defects free and adheres to industry standards for development, testing and deployment methodologies.
The successful candidates will demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, characteristics, experiences and/or abilities:
• Capable of design, develop and deploy applications that support users on the case and program management especially with CATCH application.
• Provides mentorship and technical advice to a team of Application/Reports/Query developers.
• Provides strategic advice to the lead, management and customers of the OIS.
• Capable of implementing programming standards that support a secure and defect free application.
• Interacts daily with government clients in order to meet the technical requirements for new initiatives.
• Works with Quality Assurance / Quality Control teams to insure the application remains secure and defect free.
• Evaluates, designs, and implements accepted programming standards as they relate to the TANF 2.0 CATCH application and infrastructure.
• Defines and documents processes to be used by all application developers on the team.
• Plans, researches, and recommends new equipment, software tools, and related technologies.
• Uses monitoring and performance analysis tools to troubleshoot and isolate application performance issues.
• Updates system and process documentation, produces user guides, ER diagrams, and SOPs as needed – Including Visio Network design drawings.
• Other duties as assigned.
The incumbent will become an integral part of the ASD I Team, making every problem associated to the platform a problem of their own and will demonstrate the required initiative and critical thinking abilities necessary to resolve all problems and challenges accordingly.
This individual will be working closely with DHS OIS and its partner agencies to ensure the agencies’ priorities are met. This is a position within DHS OIS Division.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
1. Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
2. Researches, tests, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
3. Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
4. Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
5. Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
6. Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
7. Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
8. Acts as team leader on projects.
9. Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
10. Participates in development of software user manuals.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.