Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DPW – 2000 14th Street, NW Washington, DC 20009
Position closes 10/02/2017
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
16+ years of experience. Analyzes, designs, develops, implements and supports enterprise complex GIS projects.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
16+ yrs managing complex geodatabases with ESRI GIS software (Required 16 years)
16+ yrs manipulating geospatial data (data conversion and geocoding) (Required 16 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
Proficient with ArcGIS desktop software (Required 12 years)
Proficient with ESRI Collector App , Survey 1,2, 3, or other mobile field data collection apps (Required 5 years)
Proficient with SDE on SQLServer (Required 10 years)
Proficient with ModelBuilder (Required 7 years)
Proficient with Python Scripting with ArcObjects (Required 5 years)
Knowledge of RouteSmart route optimization software (Nice to have)
Knowledge of ESRI Roads and Highways (Nice to have)
1. Analyzes, designs, develops, implements and supports enterprise complex projects.
2. Interfaces with other offices, consult with and inform user departments on system requirements, resolve problems and operating difficulties for the current and future enhancements to District’s system.
3. Participates in problem resolution related to system design and implementation review.
4. Recommends approval of functional and technical design documents and implementation of systems, program enhancements and updates of applications.
5. Analyzes and evaluates system changes to determine feasibility, alternative solutions and back-up procedures.
6. Works on the development of new systems, upgrades and enhancements to existing systems and ensure systems are in compliance with approved standards.
7. Develops complex programs and reports in database query language
8. Creates and Maintains several route boundary layers
9. Maintains street centerline attributes for representing DPW operations
10. Performs route optimization modeling in a GIS-based environment
11. Coordinates with central GIS department to stand up map services for use in ArcGIS online and other map-based web applications
12. Maintains a DPW SDE database for DPW GIS data layers
13. Assists with requirements gathering for GIS mobile and web applications and coordinates with a GIS developer to develop the applications.
14. Performs geospatial data analysis on DPW operations based on operational data, citizen service requests, and political, environmental, and operational boundaries.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.