Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 10/09/2017
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
The Subject Matter Expert for Identity, Credentialing & Access Management will provide direction and expertise for the technical team for the purpose of delivering solutions in support of the credentialing & technical solutions for the DC One Card effort
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
System Development Lifecycle experience (Required 5 years)
Project Management work experience (Required 5 years)
Experience in credentialing & identity management projects (Required 5 years)
Identity and Access Management (IAM) product experience and/or certifications (e.g., ForgeRock) (Required 3 years)
Knowledge of SharePoint and other collaboration tools (Required 3 years)
Evaluating and recommending commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) technology solutions (Required 3 years)
Experience developing and managing detailed project plans (Required 5 years)
16+ yrs managing, coordinating, and establishing priorities for entire project lifecycle (Required 16 years)
16+ yrs in progressive consulting leadership role, providing full lifecycle services in enterprise environment (Required 16 years)
Working knowledge of MS Project (Required 5 years)
Strong communication skills – written and verbal (Required 5 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
The ICAM SME will play a technical role in support of DC One Card projects & support. The ideal candidate possesses a strong background in project management of all phases of the full SDLC, and has some experience with projects involving credentialing, identity management, access management and related capabilities. The ICAM SME will receive direction from the DC1C-IAM Program Manager & OCTO Senior Leadership. He\She coordinates prioritization of technical efforts & support related to projects.
The ICAM SME will make these recommendations based on their knowledge of best practices, the principles which govern technical solutions, and a thorough understanding of specific credentialing & ICAM technologies. This position requires knowledge in fields defined as identity management, access management, credentialing, information technology, business systems analysis, information systems, applications and software development, and related fields. The ideal candidate will also have experience in using their technical knowledge to strengthen Agency (partner\customer relationships).
iii. Detailed Responsibilities Include:
• Follow the full System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) as required for delivery of projects.
• Timely & effective coordination and communication with the PIV-I Technical Team, with other involved technical support teams, vendors and Agencies, and with OCTO & HSEMA Leadership roles.
• Provide required weekly and other designated reports
• Works closely with stakeholders & DC1C-IAM Program Manager to ensure on-time & on budget delivery of multiple projects as aligned to project requirements,
• Maintains basic knowledge of solutions used to support logical and physical access using PIV, PIV-I and CAC credentials through identity and access management technology.
1. Organizes, directs, and manages contract operation support functions, involving multiple, complex, and inter- related project tasks.
2. Manages teams of contract Support Personnel at multiple locations.
3. Maintains and manages the client interface at the senior levels of the client organization.
4. Meets with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items. Ensures conformance with program task schedules and costs.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.