Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 11/03/2017
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
The DC1C-IDM Developer, ideally with multiple years of Sun Identity Manager experience, will work with the program management team on the DC One Card (DC1C) identity management application.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Experience as a software developer (Required 8 years)
Identity Manager design and development experience (Required 5 years)
Experience as an application architect (Highly desired)
Experience in Open Access Manager Forge Rock (Highly desired)
Active Directory, Redhat Directory Server or other DM integration experience (Required 5 years)
SOA and Object Oriented design and development experience (Required 5 years)
Java experience and knowledge of various Java packages and IDEs (Required 5 years)
Experience in web design using server and browser technologies (Required 5 years)
Experience with UML, different databases including Oracle and SQL Server (Required 5 years)
Experience w/ XML, related protocols (including SOAP), XML-handling package (Required 3 years)
Sun Identity Manager design and development experience (Highly desired)
16+ yrs working on projects, ensuring they are in compliance with established standards/procedures (Required 16 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
The DC1C-IDM Developer role will handle development and provide primary technical support for DC1C-IDM efforts. The DC1C sits on an older architecture solution with Oracle Identity Manager (previously Sun Waveset) and ForgeRock OpenAM Access Manager.
The DC1C-IDM Developer will receive direction from the DC1C-IAM Program Manager & other Team technical leadership. He\She is responsible for effective ongoing communications with the Program Manager, Technical Team, Agency Partners and designated others.
The DC1C program was initiated to provide a single credential provided to citizens (students, Seniors, etc.) for access to DC Government services, and for District government workers and customers. The DC1C identity management application is being developed to centrally manage card holder identities and their card privileges across DC government programs.
iii. Detailed Responsibilities Include:
• Follow the full System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) as required for delivery of projects.
• Timely & effective coordination and communication with the PIV-I Technical Team, with other involved technical support teams, vendors and Agencies, and with OCTO & HSEMA Leadership roles.
• Provide required weekly and other designated reports
• Works closely with stakeholders & DC1C-IAM Program Manager to ensure on-time & on budget delivery of multiple projects as aligned to project requirements,
• Maintains basic knowledge of solutions used to support logical and physical access using PIV, PIV-I and CAC credentials through identity and access management technology.
1. Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
2. Plans, coordinates, and monitors project activities.
3. Develops technical applications to support users.
4. Develops, implements, maintains and enforces documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
5. Provides training for system products and procedures.
6. Performs application upgrades.
7. Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real- time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
8. Troubleshoots problems.
9. Ensures project life-cycle is in compliance with District standards and procedures.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.