Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DPW – 2000 14th Street, NW Washington, DC 20009
Position closes 12/15/2017
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
11-15 years of experience. Provides technical direction and engineering knowledge for communications activities including planning, designing, developing, testing, installing and maintaining large communications networks.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
11-15 yrs developing, operating and maintaining voice, wireless video, and data comm. systems (Required 11 years)
11-15 yrs providing direction for communications activities related to large comm. networks (Required 11 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
Experience configuring, updating, installing apps on, and troubleshooting in the mobile device environment including smart phones, tablets IOS/Android (Required 7 years)
Experience with VOIP, digital, and analog telecommunications environment (Required 5 years)
Experience in Call Center environments (Required 5 years)
Working knowledge of the District’s RTS and FCMS systems (Required 2 years)
Experience coordinating with mobile phone carrier providers (ie. AT&T, Verizon, etc.) (Required 7 years)
1. Provides technical direction and engineering knowledge for communications activities including planning, designing, developing, testing, installing and maintaining large communications networks.
2. Ensures that adequate and appropriate planning is provided to direct building architects and planners in building communications spaces and media pathways meet industry standards.
3. Develops, operates, and maintains voice, wireless, video, and data communications systems.
4. Provides complex engineering or analytical tasks and activities associated with one or more technical areas within the communications function.
• Responsible for the movement of information between locations in the form of voice communication, i.e., radio or telephone, data communications involving digital transmission between computer terminals or video communication such as that used in teleconferencing.
• As technical expert/advisor makes decisions adapting existing guidelines/procedures on novel telecommunications resources, and requirements that affect the Department of Public Works. Makes recommendations on matters pertaining to Departmental telecommunication systems/requirements. Acts as technical expert/advisor at all decision making meetings.
• Working knowledge of the Districts RTS (Request for Telecom Services) and FCMS (Fixed Cost Management System)
• Performs diagnostic evaluation of equipment to determine if preventive or corrective maintenance is required to satisfactorily keep equipment operational.
• Intensive knowledge of the specialized communications processes and techniques used the the assigned network or system and of current developments and advances concepts in the field. Skill in relating aspects and parts of the assignment to the overall needs of the organization. These knowledge and skills are applied to the analysis, revision or creation of operating procedures for technologically advanced or novel communications systems/networks.
• Broad knowledge of District-wide telecommunications systems and requirements. This knowledge is used to aid in making decisions on guidelines and procedures for use.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.