Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DFHV – 2235 Shannon Place SE, Washington, DC , 20020
Position closes 12/19/2017
Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
16+ yrs troubleshooting production problems related to software applications (Required)
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or related fields (Required)
Experience in designing, developing and configuring enterprise software using Salesforce.com platform (Required 5 years)
Advanced knowledge and experience of Salesforce data modeling, reporting, and dashboard best practices (Required 5 years)
Demonstrated competency in Object-oriented Programming (Required 3 years)
Experience with building and maintaining Custom Objects (Required 3 years)
Experience in creating technical documentation or specificiation (Required 5 years)
Excellent communications and writing skills (Required 16 years)
Experience with custom development on Salesforce.com platform (Required 3 years)
Experience with Quickbase development (Desired)
Salesforce Certification (Developer) (Highly Desired)
The Department of For-Hire Vehicles (DFHV) is seeking a contractor to customize and support Salesforce, the agency’s customer relationship management (CRM).
1. Designs, develops, configures, enhances, debugs, an.d implements Salesforce and other software applications such as Quickbase
2. Provides operational support and maintenance of software applications
3. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
4. Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of system changes based on requirements
5. Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms
6. Evaluates and recommends application software packages, application integration and testing tools
7. Performs simple administrator functions such as user management, profiles, roles, permissions, rules, assignment rules, queues, licenses, capacity and storage management
8. Evaluates 3rd party solutions and/or apps based on project need or business request
9. Evaluates existing and future system functionality and prescribes roll-out plans: including socialization, training, communication, testing and release management
10. Creates technical requirements and specifications as well as user documentation
12. Other duties as assigned
1. Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
2. Researches, tests, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
3. Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
4. Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
5. Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
6. Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
7. Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
8. Acts as team leader on projects.
9. Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
10. Participates in development of software user manuals.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.