Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DFHV – 2235 Shannon Place SE Washington, DC , 20020
Position closes 12/28/2017
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
1-5 years of experience. Analyzes, designs, develops, implements and supports enterprise complex GIS and Data projects.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
1-5 yrs managing complex geodatabases with ESRI GIS software (ArcGIS) (Required 2 years)
1-5 yrs manipulating geospatial data (data conversion and geocoding) (Required 2 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 4 years)
Experience of using GIS data and mapping for transportation planning (Highly desired)
Experience of extracting and analyzing GIS and non-GIS data, provides insights and recommend solutions or strategic directions (Required 2 years)
Excellent communications and writing skills (Required 10 years)
Experience with mapping with GIS data (Required 2 years)
Experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI and Tableau. (Highly desired)
Experience with SQL (Highly desired)
The Department of For-Hire Vehicles (DFHV) is seeking a contractor to provide GIS and data analysis support on various projects.
1. Utilizes Geographic Information System technology to present spatial information in a digital format
2. Uses GIS techniques to provide a better understanding of certain variables in a given geographic location
3. Performs analysis on data sets stored in a GIS or other databases.
4. Extracts and analyzes data with different analysis methods to arrive at results.
5. Recommends strategies in response to GIS analysis.
6. Creates and provides maps and data sets for analysis or other purposes.
7. Provide GIS support (data conversion, mapping, collect and/or extract data and etc.) needed for transportation planning or other projects.
8. Manage dashboard that contains GIS data to ensure accuracy and timely updates.
9. Utilize data visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau to create charts.
10. Collaborate with and learn from District’s GIS enterprise program on their services to support DFHV.
1. Analyzes, designs, develops, implements and supports enterprise complex projects.
2. Interfaces with other offices, consult with and inform user departments on system requirements, resolve problems and operating difficulties for the current and future enhancements to District’s system.
3. Participates in problem resolution related to system design and implementation review.
4. Recommends approval of functional and technical design documents and implementation of systems, program enhancements and updates of applications.
5. Analyzes and evaluates system changes to determine feasibility, alternative solutions and back-up procedures.
6. Works on the development of new systems, upgrades and enhancements to existing systems and ensure systems are in compliance with approved standards.
7. Develops complex programs and reports in database query language
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.