Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DFS – 401 E Street, SW Washington DC 20024
Position closes 01/31/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
DFS wants to bring a consultant that has in-depth experience implementing EMS and LIMS software to First responders (i.e., police officers, sheriffs or troopers) and/or Medical Laboratories.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
11-15 yrs business process re-engineering experience) (Required 11 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
IT Project Management (Required 11 Years)
IT Consulting (Required 11 Years)
Big Data Analysis (Required 6 Years)
Technology Strategy (Required 11 Years)
Software Lifecycle Tools (mindmaps, data flow diagrams (Required 6 Years)
Software Requirement Specifications (Required 11 Years)
SQL Server database; SQL and PL/SQL (Required 6 Years)
JT LIMS V3.7 or V3.8 (Desired 1 Year)
Evidence on Q (EonQ) O Metropolitan Police (MPD) Evidence management system (Desired 1 Year)
Experience working with first responders (Required 5 Years)
MPD currently uses EvidenceOnQ for its EMS system, and DFS currently uses JusticeTrax for its LIMS system. The major problem is data do not flow between these two systems. When MPD or DFS staff checks in evidence or property from a crime scene to EvidenceOnQ the same evidence or property has to be retyped into DFS JusticeTrax system.
The contract shall bring a combination of skills, knowledge, and tools (i.e., mind maps, data flow diagrams, and etc.) throughout the lifecycle of the project:
• Initiation- Help develop the Project Charter including risks, issues, assumptions, and deliverables. The consultant shall contact a Feasibility Study to analysis the scope to determine if it is technically practical or not to have one solution that combines the EMS and LIMS systems.
• Planning- Software Requirement Specification (SRS) document the consultant shall be required to meet with all stakeholders (i.e., in person, WebEx, GoToMeeting, etc.) as needed and agreed upon to the gather all MPD/ DFS functional and non-functional requirements for each department within the DFS laboratory, MPD Evidence Warehouse, and wherever data flow.
a. Estimate Costs – Estimation of the monetary resources needed to satisfy EMS/ LIMS requirements.
b. Determine Budget – Aggregation of costs and activities to determine a cost baseline.
c. Control Costs – Monitoring project status to update the budget and manage changes to the cost baseline.
• Execution- The consultant shall help thru the procurement process by using the SRS as the benchmark to identify a possible source list to help DFS select the best EMS/ LIMS solution on the market. Provide expert technical advice and oversight during the implementation of the EMS/ LIMS system.
Help work with the PM from DFS and the winning bidder identifying vendor milestones so Contracting Officer and needed stakeholders can easily measure the performance metrics against the issued contract.
• Closure- The consultant shall help make sure all LIMS/ EMS agreed upon deliverables have been met from the winning bidder. The consultant shall help compose standard operating procedure (SOP) and with training.
• Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments. May supervise others.
• Analyzes process and re-engineering, with an understanding of technical problems and solutions as they relate to the current and future business environment.
• Creates process change by integrating new processes with existing ones and communicating these changes to impacted Business Systems teams.
• Recommends and facilitates quality improvement efforts.
• Minimum Education/ Certification Requirements – Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Forensics, or closely matched field.
• or equivalent experience
• Excellent communications skills both written and oral – ability to clearly articulate and present to different audiences
• 5 Years’ Experience working with First Responders
• 2 Years’ experience gathering and handling evidence/ property
1. Analyzes process and re-engineering, with an understanding of technical problems and solutions as they relate to the current and future business environment.
2. Creates process change by integrating new processes with existing ones and communicating these changes to impacted Business Systems teams.
3. Recommends and facilitates quality improvement efforts.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.