Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 01/15/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
Office of Chief Technology Officer is looking for an Ariba Architect to build and configure custom modules for the automated citywide procurement system (PASS).
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
16+ yrs as an Enterprise Architect (Desired 16 Years)
16+ yrs building an IT system roadmap (Desired 16 Years)
16+ yrs system diagramming/modeling using structured modeling language like UML (Required 16 Years)
Experience with the Customization/Configuration of Ariba Buyer 9r1/9r2 Required (Required 10 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
Experience with the Customization/Configuration of Ariba Analysis (Required 10 Years)
Ariba Sourcing and Contracts technical implementation (Required 10 Years)
Experience supporting Tier 2 technicians and end-users Required (Required 8 Years)
Experience with financial system integration (Required 6 Years) Experience with portal development using .NET and reporting tools (Nice to have)
The District of Columbia government’s Procurement Automated Support System (PASS) is built on the SAP Ariba procurement platform. PASS includes SAP the following Ariba modules: Ariba Buyer, Ariba Analysis, Ariba Sourcing, Ariba Contracts Compliance, Ariba Category management modules.
PASS is designed to automate all the procedures for purchasing goods or services. These state of the art procurement tools streamline and improve requisitioning, invoicing, soliciting, bidding and contracting processes. PASS is integrated with the Relational Standard Accounting and Reporting System (RSTARS), the District’s financial system, using Oracle SOA middleware suite.
OCTO’s PASS team is looking for Ariba Architects who have experience the full life-cycle of the design development, integration, testing and support of integrated procurement solutions built in Ariba 9.1/9.1.
1. Development and Custom Development/Configuration of Ariba Buyer 9r1/9r2
2. Custom Development/Configuration of Ariba Analysis/ Ariba Sourcing and Contracts module
3. Experience with AML (Ariba based XML)
4. Create functional and technical documentation
5. Develops, implements, maintains and enforces documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
6. Provides training for system products and procedures.
7. Performs application upgrades.
8. Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real- time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
9. Troubleshoots problems.
10. Ensures project life-cycle is in compliance with District standards and procedures.
11. Develop procurement portals using .NET, Reporting tools.
12. Experience with upgrading all modules from 9r1 to 9r2
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
1. Provides high-level architectural expertise to managers and technical staff.
2. Develops architectural products and deliverables for the enterprise and operational business lines.
3. Develops strategy of system and the design infrastructure necessary to support that strategy.
4. Advises on selection of technological purchases with regards to processing, data storage, data access, and applications development. Sets standards for the client/server relational database structure for the organization (Structured Query Language (SQL), Oracle, Sybase).
5. Advises of feasibility of potential future projects to management.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.