Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OUC – 310 McMillan Dr NW Washington, DC 20001
Position closes 02/01/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
6-10 years of experience. Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management. Specializes in Tier II IT Support, Mobile Data Computers (MDCs), and public safety radios.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
6-10 yrs planning, coordinating, and monitoring project activities (Required 6 Years)
6-10 yrs leading projects, ensuring they are in compliance with established standards/procedures (Required 6 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
Experience providing technical diagnostics, troubleshooting, setup and configuration (Required 6 Years)
Experience responding and troubleshooting end user technical concerns (Required 6 Years)
Experience diagnosing and repairing peripheral equipment as needed (Required 6 Years)
Experience tracking and escalating open technical issues in a public safety IT environment (Required 6 Years)
Experience providing technical assistance improving program designs and operations (Required 6 Years)
Experience supporting application functionality and access (Required 6 Years)
Experience providing determination between network, hardware, and software issues (Required 6 Years)
Experience in desktop imaging, deployment, packaging, and break / fix services (Required 6 Years)
Experience in analysis and documentation of preventative maintenance and technical processes (Required 6 Years)
Experience in technical writing, including but not limited to drafting standard operating procedure documents (Required 6 Years)
Experience as an IT analyst in a public safety IT environment (Required 6 Years)
Experience in process improvement (Required 6 Years)
Experience and knowledge of emergency call recording software (Required 4 Years)
Experience providing IT support services for public safety Mobile Data Computers (MDCs) and public safety Motorola radios (Required 3 Years)
OUC Technology Division is looking for a Public Safety IT Consultant Journeyman to provide IT support services for the 911 / 311 operations call floor, OUC Mobile Data Computers (MDC) shop, and OUC Radio Shop. This resource will be responsible for assisting / leading special projects as requested by the OUC. The contractor shall provide an experienced IT Consultant with at least 6 years of experience in public safety information technology. The IT Consultant will be responsible for project oversight, application management, cost analysis,and overall system functionality. In addition, the resource will be required to support critical systems, network (LAN / WAN, etc) and monitor applications for availability and performance.
List of Day-to-Day Tasks / Responsibilities (example)
– Providing Universal IT support to all OUC staff, including active directory support / configuration and LANDesk support
– Providing CAD support to call floor and external CAD Users (MPD and FEMS)
– Providing IT support on the OUC Call Floor for 911 / 311
– Providing MDC and Radio Support to internal and external users
– Functioning as 311 Salesforce Administrator (As Needed)
– Making key operational changes to the 311 salesforce system as requested
– Supporting 311Force enhancements and system testing
– Providing asset management support, including but not limited to smart phone deployment, laptop imaging and deployment
1. Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
2. Plans, coordinates, and monitors project activities.
3. Develops technical applications to support users.
4. Develops, implements, maintains and enforces documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
5. Provides training for system products and procedures.
6. Performs application upgrades.
7. Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real- time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
8. Troubleshoots problems.
9. Ensures project life-cycle is in compliance with District standards and procedures.
10. Provides Tier II (and Tier I if necessary) support on Mobile Data Computers and Public Safety Radios.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.