Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DOES – 4058 Minnesota Avenue, NE Washington, DC 20019
Position closes 02/02/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
DC DOES is seeking a Senior Level Dot. Net Developer to provide application development support for the District’s SIDES-DCHR program application. 11+ years of experience. Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software and troubleshoot
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Strong knowledge and understanding of Object Oriented concepts and practices (Required 11 Years)
HTML5 / CSS3 / JS / jQuery / AJAX experience (Required 8 Years)
MS SQL Server (2008 / 2012) experience T-SQL, Stored Procedures) (Required 11 Years)
Experience with Development platforms/tools – MS Visual Studio (2010 – 2015) (Required 11 Years)
Experience with TFS (Required 7 Years)
Experience in .Net CORE Framework (Required 1 Year)
Experience using LINQ, ADO.NET, Entity Framework (Required 5 Years)
jQuery and JSON experience (Required 8 Years)
Github or SVN experience (Required 5 Years)
SDLC / Agile methodology Experience (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum) (Required 11 Years)
Expertise on the .NET 4.0, 4.5 Frameworks (Required 6 Years)
PeterBlum – Third party validation controls experience (Nice to have 2 Years)
Excellent understanding of the ASP.NET MVC 3/4 Framework (Required 8 Years)
Experience implementing Web Services utilizing WCF, SOAP, XML, IIS (Required 4 Years)
Web Accessibility and 508 compliance experience (Nice to have 3 Years)
Overall hands-on developer experience (Required 11 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
11+ yrs troubleshooting production problems related to software application (Required 11 Years)
The .Net Developer will be responsible for modification to the DOES Unemployment Insurance (UI) SIDES system. UI SIDES is a .NET web base web-based system that enables the electronic transmission of information requests from UI agencies to employers and/or Third Party Administrators (TPAs), as well as transmission of replies containing the requested information back to the UI agencies.
The selected candidates will be responsible for modification enhancements to .Net code to enable the routing of SIDES request to internal DC agencies. Based on written specifications, the candidate will be responsible for designing, modifying, developing, testing and implementing software programming applications and components; supports and/or installs software applications and components and for providing system documentation
1. Work under the supervision and direction of the DOES Application Manager and a Senior .Net Developer to develop UI SIDES software complements in support of the DC Human Resource agency.
2. Analyzes and evaluates system changes to determine feasibility, alternative solutions, and backup procedures.
3. Design, develop, troubleshoot, and implement .Net code to enable the transfer of UI Separation Requests to DC Agencies and the UI SIDES portal
4. Build SQL scripts and stored procedures to retrieve UI Separation Request records and forward requests to UI SIDES porta.
5. Generate HTML emails notifications and forward to participating DC Agencies using the DC UI SIDES Registration table records.
6. Modify DOES UI Registration records to send registration updates acceptance email notifications to DC Agencies.
7. Perform unit testing, assist in system testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
8. Designs and develops Stored Procedures, Functions, SQL Scripts and reports in database query language.
9. Designs and develops reports to include an aging and management report to assist DCHR in locating UI claimant separation request records sent to the SIDES portal.
10. Provide post-production technical support for generated code.
11. Participates in problem resolution related to system design and implementation review
1. Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
2. Researches, tests, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
3. Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
4. Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
5. Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
6. Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
7. Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
8. Acts as team leader on projects.
9. Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
10. Participates in development of software user manuals.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.