Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DHS – 64 NY Ave, NE Washington, DC, 20002
Position closes 02/06/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
Senior Application Developer with proven professional experience in the design, development, delivery and enhancement of Client-Server/Web-Based/Cloud-Based/Mobile Software Applications using Java Technologies, J2EE, Glass Fish etc. technologies.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
11-15 yrs troubleshooting production problems related to software applications (Required 11 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 15 Years)
Proven experience in IT field with focus on the technical reporting, system setup, data analysis and analytics. (Required 11 Years)
Experience with JAVA J2EE & related components and interfaces including Glass Fish/JBOSS, XML, HTML, JSP (Required 11 Years)
Excellent analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written, have the ability to work well in a team, collaborating with developers, custom (Required 5 Years)
Experience developing enterprise applications that interact with MS SQL Server and/or Oracle databases. (Required 5 Years)
Candidate should strong ETL experience in Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence platforms (experiences with ETL Tools like SSIS/Informatica/Data Stag (Required 3 Years)
Experience in working with Interfaces to design, develop Web Application Development technologies and Object-Oriented Designing (Required 8 Years)
Experience in developing applications using Java frameworks, including Spring, Struts, and Hibernate (Required 11 Years)
Experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., Cognos)/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL) (Required 5 Years)
Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and Web Services (Required 3 Years)
Experience with JAX-WS and/or JAX-RS (Required 3 Years)
Experience with any of JIRA/Bugzilla/HP ALM tools (Required 5 Years)
Experience with Visual Studio 2010 (Required 8 Years)
This position is housed under Application Support Division I (ASD I) of the Office of Information Systems (OIS) in direct support of the TANF & SNAP related applications stabilization, enhancements and operations and maintenance redesign and other related projects.
Candidate will be responsible for the implementation and management of business aligned IT services. Ensuring the application platform is of high quality, defects free and adheres to industry standards for development, testing and deployment methodologies.
The successful candidates will demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, characteristics, experiences and/or abilities:
• Capable of design, develop and deploy applications that support users on the client assessments & case and program management applications especially with DHS’s TCA, SNAP E&T Assessment etc. applications.
• Provides mentorship and technical advice to a team of Application/Reports/Query developers.
• Provides strategic advice to the lead, management and customers of the OIS.
• Capable of implementing programming standards that support a secure and defect free application.
• Interacts daily with government clients in order to meet the technical requirements for new initiatives.
• Works with Quality Assurance / Quality Control teams to insure the application remains secure and defect free.
• Evaluates, designs, and implements accepted programming standards as they relate to the TCA and SNAP E&T application and infrastructure.
• Defines and documents processes to be used by all application developers on the team.
• Plans, researches, and recommends new equipment, software tools, and related technologies.
• Uses monitoring and performance analysis tools to troubleshoot and isolate application performance issues.
• Updates system and process documentation, produces user guides, ER diagrams, and SOPs as needed – Including Visio Network design drawings.
• Other duties as assigned.
The candidate will become an integral part of the ASD I Team, making every problem associated to the platform a problem of their own and will demonstrate the required initiative and critical thinking abilities necessary to resolve all problems and challenges accordingly.
This individual will be working closely with DHS OIS and its partner agencies to ensure the agencies’ priorities are met. This is a position within DHS OIS Division.
11-15 years of experience. Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
1. Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
2. Researches, tests, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
3. Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
4. Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
5. Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
6. Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
7. Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
8. Acts as team leader on projects.
9. Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
10. Participates in development of software user manuals.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.