Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 02/06/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
The Senior Technical Project Manager (STPM) will oversee the management of a District-wide effort to provide Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Operations (DR-COOP) for the District of Columbia government’s critical systems.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
16 yrs in progressive consulting leadership role, providing full lifecycle services in enterprise environment (Required 16 Years)
16+ yrs managing, coordinating, and establishing priorities for entire project lifecycle (Required 16 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 15 Years)
Experience in planning and management of time phase critical path scheduling of software and system development (Required 15 Years)
Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI). (Desired)
Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) (Required 15 Years)
Strong experience using Agile project management methodologies integrated with project-level Waterfall scheduling, milestone tracking, (Required 10 Years)
Cost/schedule performance experience (Required 10 Years)
Experience with Risk Management techniques and mitigation planning. (Required 15 Years)
Experience with database design (Desired 5 Years)
Experience with software application development (Desired 5 Years)
Experience conducting Business Impact Analysis (Required 5 Years)
Experience architecting/managing disaster recovery/COOP solutions (Required 5 Years)
Experience managing project teams (Required 15 Years)
Experience in business process mapping or operational redesign / improvement (Required 10 Years)
Experience working with quality management approaches, techniques, and principles to ensure quality (Required 15 Years)
The Senior Technical Project Manager (STPM) will oversee the management of a District-wide effort to provide Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Operations (DR-COOP) for the District of Columbia government’s critical systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical project planning, project management that adheres to best practices; and will ensure that the DR-COOP project is completed on-time, within scope and budget; and produces an extremely high quality of deliverables. The STPM will act as the project management technical lead and will work with OCTO programs, project team members, and District agency officials to ensure that technical solutions in support of the DR-COOP project are properly delivered. The selected candidate will be responsible for all aspects of project management including all project resources, project planning, scheduling, risk management, scope management, internal and external communications, status reporting, and resource management (internal and partners).
• Evaluates complex situations using multiple sources of information.
• Manages and appropriately escalates: delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated to solution
• Ability to lead cross-functional teams and interact with all staff levels.
• Analysis, planning, developing requirements documents (both functional and technical), building functional models,
developing procedures, developing functional and technical architectures.
• Assigns and monitors work of project team members.
• Designs and implements processes to monitor and control resources, budget, risks and value to project goals and
• Establishes, plans, and executes major milestone reviews and decision gates to ensure project completion.
• Exercises excellent verbal and written communication skills and has the ability to interact professionally with a
diverse group; software developers, DBAs, network engineers, agency business and technical owners, SME’s and
senior executive management.
• Effectively manages scope throughout the project duration.
• Maintains accurate project schedules, financial burn rates, change management, project plans, and status reports.
• Will convey a high level of understanding in the areas of software application programming, database and system
• Will resolve conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies.
• Understands, tracks and articulates issues / risks / action items; works with responsible owners to address the items
on a timely basis; and update the appropriate stakeholders as needed
1. Organizes, directs, and manages contract operation support functions, involving multiple, complex, and inter- related project tasks.
2. Manages teams of contract Support Personnel at multiple locations.
3. Maintains and manages the client interface at the senior levels of the client organization.
4. Meets with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items. Ensures conformance with program task schedules and costs.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.