Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DHS – 64 NY Ave, NE Washington, DC, 20002
Position closes 02/16/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
11-15 years of experience. Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
11-15 yrs troubleshooting production problems related to software applications (Required 11 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 15 Years)
Proven experience in IT field with focus on the technical reporting, system setup, data analysis and analytics. (Required 11 Years)
Experience with Visual Studio 2010 and later versions with .Net Framework 2.0-4.6.2 with C# and VB (Required 8 Years)
Experience developing enterprise applications using Microsoft technologies within a distributed (n-tier) architecture. (Required 11 Years)
Hands on development on Web Services (REST and/or SOAP based) and Web Service Security Development of APIs and reusable components specifically. (Required 5 Years)
Excellent analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written, have the ability to work well in a team, collaborating with developers, custom (Required 5 Years)
Experience developing enterprise applications that interact with MS SQL Server and/or Oracle databases. (Required 5 Years)
Strong ETL experience in Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence platforms (experiences with ETL Tools like SSIS/Informatica/Data Stag (Required 3 Years)
Knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., Cognos)/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL) (Required 5 Years)
Experience with Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Service Oriented Architecture? (Required 3 Years)
Have you used LINQ (Language-integrated Query) in your previous projects? (Required 3 Years)
Have you worked with Databases using ADO.NET? (Required 5 Years)
This position is housed under Application Support Division I (ASD I) of the Office of Information Systems (OIS) in direct support of the TANF & SNAP related applications stabilization, enhancements and operations and maintenance redesign and other related projects.
The Application Support Division I is looking for one (1) Sr. Web Services/Interface Developer whose primary responsibilities include
Design solutions to user requirements – from initial documentation of requirements and feasibility analysis, through to detailed specifications. Design and develop the web interfaces and services for agencies enterprise application systems. Initiate, lead and participate in projects, develop new functionality, maintain existing processes, manage and administer underlying database and operating systems. Implement WSDL XML document to located and describe the web services. Provide support in maintaining and upgrading existing systems. Coordinate with business analysts and program staff to clarify requirements and business needs. Developed storyboards, and user interface prototypes.
The successful candidates will demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, characteristics, experiences and/or abilities:
• Works closely with the Scrum Master, Product Architect, Product Owner, Data Architect, and the sprint developers to test software user stories and product releases.
• Proficiency in ASP.NET/MVC in C# Strong client side programming like HTML, CSS, JQuery, Angular JS, Bootstrap, Knockout JS, etc.
• Strong developmental skills in .NET platform, C#, Web API, Node.js, SQL Server, Database, Rabbit MQ.
• Strong back-end knowledge in MS SQL Server Experienced in writing RESTFul Services, WCF, etc.
• Proficiency with development of event APIs, enterprise integration patterns, enterprise service bus, web service development (REST & SOAP) Experience working with Integration frameworks is a must, Hibernate, Spring, Web 2.0 technologies including AJAX, JSON, Web Services, XML, SQL Stored Procedures
• Proficiency in Entity Framework Experienced in Agile Scrum, Jira, GitHub, TFS
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Be a Team player Willing to work in a challenging and collaborative work environment
The candidate will become an integral part of the ASD I Team, making every problem associated to the platform a problem of their own and will demonstrate the required initiative and critical thinking abilities necessary to resolve all problems and challenges accordingly.
This individual will be working closely with DHS OIS and its partner agencies to ensure the agencies’ priorities are met. This is a position within DHS OIS Division.
1. Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
2. Researches, tests, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
3. Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
4. Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
5. Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
6. Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
7. Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
8. Acts as team leader on projects.
9. Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
10. Participates in development of software user manuals.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.