Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DHS – 64 NY Ave, NE Washington, DC, 20002
Position closes 03/05/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
16+ years of experience. Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
16+ yrs planning, coordinating, and monitoring project activities (Required 16 Years)
16+ yrs leading projects, ensuring they are in compliance with established standards/procedures (Required 16 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 20 Years)
Experience with technical project management in respect to UAT, directing all aspects of the project testing lifecycle; (Required 10 Years)
Experience with technical project management including scope management, development, data conversion, testing, and deployment (Required 10 Years)
Experience composing and implementing project schedules, resource planning, managing RAID log, training oversight, and communicating with business own (Required 10 Years)
Experience operating in a Health Care or Case Management-related IT System (Required 10 Years)
Proven ability to manage multiple concurrent work streams and deliver timely business product in a fast-paced environment (Required 10 Years)
Experience working with Agile, behavior-driven development practices (Required 8 Years)
Experience communicating and coaching user-groups on Agile development process (Highly desired)
Excellent communication skills (Written & Verbal) and time-management ability (Required 16 Years)
Experience working with legacy government IT systems and processes, including data conversion projects. (Nice to have)
Understanding of TANF policies and performance monitoring objectives (Nice to have)
Basic knowledge of the District of Columbia Health and Human services program structure, service center structure, and basic organizational layout (Nice to have)
Are you well versed in behavior-driven development practices, including coaching end-user groups on use case generation (Required 16 Years)
Experience using project management tools to implement project schedules, resource planning, RAID logging, generate project documentation (Required 10 Years)
Experience communicating IT development processes, progress, and priorities with technical directors, business owners and end-user groups? (Required 10 Years)
Do you have at least 3 years of experience working with IT development management tool JIRA? (Required 3 Years)
A Senior IT Consultant with 16+ years of experience delivering timely IT business products in a fast-paced environment and experience in leading UAT team in coordination with IT Development Teams.
This position is housed under the Department of Human Services (DHS) supporting the implementation of the TANF 2.0 CATCH Redesign, TCA & other related projects.
The department is looking for an IT Consultant with a background in overall IT project management, including: oversight of requirements development, scope management, end-to-end user acceptance testing, and timely business product delivery with an emphasis on Agile, behavior-driven development.
This role requires the contractor to coordinate with DHS IT director and business owners to oversee detailed implementation of the TANF 2.0 CATCH Redesign, TCA & other related projects; coordinating development, data conversion, testing, training, deployment, and coaching DHS user-groups. The candidate will manage the project schedule, resource planning, RAID log, and business reporting. The contractor will also consult with both a Quality Assurance Specialist/UAT Lead and Training Specialist to successfully lead system go-live.
Must have experience with Agile, behavior-driven development methods as well as a strong track record of timely project delivery.
The successful candidates will demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, characteristics, experiences and/or abilities:
• Capable of directing all aspects of the project UAT lifecycle, including scope management, development, data conversion, testing, and deployment
• Proven expertise with iterative product deliveries and test-driven methodologies
• Interfaces with DHS business owners and end-user groups to understand TANF workforce policies performance monitoring objectives with the purpose of generating behavior-driven requirements and use cases
• Provides business reporting, oversight, and technical advice to DHS OIS as well as DHS business stakeholders
• Creates and manages the project UAT schedule, resource planning, RAID log, and communication
• Uses monitoring and project management tools to proactively identify issues, recommend solutions, communicate downstream effects, and guide rigorous prioritization process
• Capable of managing multiple concurrent work streams and demonstrated results implementing in a fast-paced environment
• Reviews UAT test cases and scenarios/user stories to ensure comprehensive testing of the application to be error free
• Design and manage UAT team schedules in execution of UAT responsibilities down to the level of scheduling UAT Test Cases and coordinating workload for testers
• Provide daily, weekly and monthly updates on the test case results and progress with the team, the project leadership and other stakeholders
• Guides and contributes to development of project documentation
• Communicates exceptionally well with DHS business owners and end-user groups
• Other duties as assigned
The incumbent will become an integral part of the ASD I Team, making every problem associated to the platform a problem of their own and will demonstrate the required initiative and critical thinking abilities necessary to resolve all problems and challenges accordingly.
This individual will be working closely with DHS OIS and its partner agencies to ensure the agencies’ priorities are met. This is a position within DHS OIS Division.
• Highly organized and timeline driven;
• Strong written/verbal communication skills across all levels;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
1. Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
2. Plans, coordinates, and monitors project activities.
3. Develops technical applications to support users.
4. Develops, implements, maintains and enforces documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
5. Provides training for system products and procedures.
6. Performs application upgrades.
7. Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real- time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
8. Troubleshoots problems.
9. Ensures project life-cycle is in compliance with District standards and procedures.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.