Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DHS – 64 NY Ave, NE Washington, DC, 20002
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
16+ years of experience. Organizes, directs, and manages contract operation support functions, involving multiple, complex, and inter- related project tasks.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
16+ yrs in progressive consulting leadership role, providing full lifecycle services in enterprise environment (Required 16 Years)
16+ yrs managing, coordinating, and establishing priorities for entire project lifecycle (Required 16 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 16 Years)
Experience with TANF Comprehensive Assessment processes, as well as job training and work readiness policies (Required 16 Years)
Experience with workforce development; barrier removal interventions; multi-generational, family-based policy research and program evaluation (Required 5 Years)
Experience with TANF Assessment performance management
Experience working with TANF Assessment service provider staff (Required 5 Years)
Experience with business process design and program implementation (Required 10 Years)
Experience with IT system development and/or end-user functional design (Required 5 Years)
Experience with project management and delivery under tight deadlines (Required 3 Years)
Experience in efficiently utilizing the Microsoft Office suite, especially (Power Point, Excel, Word; Visio) (Required 5 Years)
Excellent communication skills (Written & Verbal) and time-management ability (Required 10 Years)
Master Program Manager with 10-15 years of experience evaluating program implementation and process improvement and/or design. Expert in designing comprehensive assessments to determine barriers to employment, remediation and other related experience. Experience with TANF Comprehensive Assessment processes, as well as job training and work readiness policies.
This position is housed under the Department of Human Services (DHS) supporting the implementation of the TANF Comprehensive Assessment.
The department is looking for an Subject Matter Expert/Program Manager with a background in designing and implementing dynamic and adaptive TANF Comprehensive Assessments, as well as job training and work readiness policies.
Experience working with IT project management, including: oversight of requirements development, scope management, end-to-end user acceptance testing, and timely business product delivery with an emphasis on Agile, behavior-driven development.
This role requires the contractor to coordinate with DHS IT director and business owners to oversee detailed implementation of the TANF 2.0 CATCH Redesign, TANF Comprehensive Assessment and other related projects; coordinating development, data conversion, testing, training, deployment, and coaching DHS user-groups. The candidate will assist the team leadership in managing the project schedule, resource planning, RAID log, and business reporting. The contractor will also consult with development teams, Quality Assurance Specialist/UAT Leads and Training Specialists to successfully lead system go-live.
The successful candidates will demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, characteristics, experiences and/or abilities:
• TANF Comprehensive Assessment processes, as well as job training and work readiness policies
• Workforce development; barrier removal interventions; multi-generational, family-based policy research and program evaluation
• TANF Assessment performance management
• TANF Assessment service provider staff
• Business process design and program implementation
• IT system development and/or end-user functional design
• Project management and delivery under tight deadlines
• Efficiently utilizing the Microsoft Office suite, especially (Power Point, Excel, Word; Visio)
• Excellent communication skills (Written & Verbal) and time-management ability
• Basic knowledge of the District of Columbia Health and Human services program structure, service center structure, and basic organizational layout
• Proven expertise with iterative product deliveries and test-driven methodologies
• Interfaces with DHS business owners and end-user groups to understand TANF workforce policies performance monitoring objectives with the purpose of generating behavior-driven requirements and use cases
• Provides business reporting, oversight, and technical advice to DHS OIS as well as DHS business stakeholders
• Capable of managing multiple concurrent work streams and demonstrated results implementing in a fast-paced environment
• Guides and contributes to development of project documentation
• Communicates exceptionally well with DHS business owners and end-user groups
• Other duties as assigned
The candidate will become an integral part of the ASD I Team, making every problem associated to the platform a problem of their own and will demonstrate the required initiative and critical thinking abilities necessary to resolve all problems and challenges accordingly.
This individual will be working closely with DHS OIS and its partner agencies to ensure the agencies’ priorities are met. This is a position within DHS OIS Division.
1. Organizes, directs, and manages contract operation support functions, involving multiple, complex, and inter- related project tasks.
2. Manages teams of contract Support Personnel at multiple locations.
3. Maintains and manages the client interface at the senior levels of the client organization.
4. Meets with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items. Ensures conformance with program task schedules and costs.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.