Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DHS – 64 NY Ave, NE Washington, DC, 20002
Position closes 03/08/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
11-15 years of experience. Provides development of project software quality assurance plan and the implementation of procedures that conforms to the requirements of the contract.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
11-15 yrs developing software quality assurance plans (Required 11 Years)
11-15 yrs developing test plans and procedures (Required 11 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 15 Years)
Experience with Quality Assurance techniques, use case generation, use case structure and scheduling (Required 11 Years)
Experience with end-to-end User Acceptance Testing (Required 8 Years)
Experience with UAT scheduling and project management (Required 8 Years)
Experience working closely with business users to understand business needs and priorities (Highly desired)
Experience with IT system functional analysis and behavior driven-testing (Required 8 Years)
Excellent communication skills (Written & Verbal) and time-management ability (Required 8 Years)
Experience with TANF job training and work readiness policies (Highly desired)
Experience operating in a Health Care or Case Management-related IT System (Highly desired)
Experience in efficiently utilizing the Microsoft Office suite, especially (Power Point, Excel, Word; Visio) (Required 8 Years)
Basic knowledge of the District of Columbia Health and Human services program structure, service center structure, and basic organizational layout (Nice to have)
Experience with business and functional analysis (Required 8 Years)
Experience communicating with business owners, technical managers, and end-user groups (Required 11 Years)
Experience working with business users to determine their business needs, generating use cases through both a structured and unstructured processes (Required 4 Years)
Senior Quality Assurance Specialist with 11- 15 years of experience generating a testing plan, comprehensive portfolio of use cases, testing schedule, and conducting end-to-end user acceptance testing; with an emphasis on Agile development methodology as well as behavior- and test-driven development.
This position is housed under the Department of Human Services (DHS) supporting the implementation of the TANF 2.0 CATCH Redesign, TCA & other related projects. The department is looking for a Quality Assurance/UAT Specialist with background in IT system quality assurance, end-to-end user acceptance testing, functional analysis, and with an emphasis on behavior-driven development.
This role requires the contractor to learn new District of Columbia policies, IT system functions as they pertain to job training and work readiness programs for TANF recipients. The candidate will work with DHS end-users to develop comprehensive set of use cases, consult with DHS business owners to establish expected system behaviors and set priorities, will structure and implement quality assurance and user acceptance testing schedule.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, characteristics, experiences and/or abilities:
• Capable of structuring and planning UAT test schedule within to an Agile development approach
• Provides independent business and functional analysis to guide project priorities and ensure complete business product
• Generates and prioritizes end-to-end use cases and quality assurance tests, including data conversion
• Uses project management and testing tools to conduct overall UAT project management and generate test reports for OIS director and DHS business owners
• Provides communication and coaching to DHS end users and vendor staff regarding Agile, behavior-driven development
• Communicates with DHS end-users to understand TANF workforce development policies and performance monitoring objectives
• Defines user acceptance criteria in collaboration with OIS and DHS business owners
• Contribute to overall project schedule and documentation
• Other duties as assigned
The candidate will become an integral part of the ASD I Team, making every problem associated to the platform a problem of their own and will demonstrate the required initiative and critical thinking abilities necessary to resolve all problems and challenges accordingly.
This individual will be working closely with DHS OIS and its partner agencies to ensure the agencies’ priorities are met. This is a position within DHS OIS Division.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Highly organized and timeline driven;
• Strong written/verbal communication skills across all levels.
1. Provides development of project software quality assurance plan and the implementation of procedures that conforms to the requirements of the contract.
2. Provides an independent assessment of how the project’s software development process is being implemented relative to the defined process and recommends methods to optimize the organization’s process.
3. May be responsible for all activities involving quality assurance and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
4. Conducts audits and reviews/analyzes data and documentation.
5. Develops and implements procedures and test plans for assuring quality in a system development environment which supports large databases and applications.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.