Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OAG – 441 4th Street NW Washington DC 20001
Position closes 03/16/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
Provides high-level architectural expertise to managers and technical staff. Works with OCTO architects to implement secure, standards-based cloud compute, storage, and network solutions. Acts as Devops lead for legacy modernization program.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
16+ yrs as an Enterprise Architect (Required 16 Years)
16+ yrs building an IT system roadmap (Required 16 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
AWS Solution Architect Certification (Required)
Microsoft Azure 70-533 Implementing Azure infrastructure solutions (Microsoft certificate) (Required)
University-level training or certification in principles of CyberSecurity (Required)
Knowledge of, and experience with Devops (including continuous integration and automated test tools) (Required 10 Years)
Knowledge of, and experience with, automated build tools such Jenkins, Asible (Required 10 Years)
This position is responsible for leading the engineering and design of OAG’s IT Infrastructure transformation from a premise-based, partially virtualized configuration to a hybrid cloud-based configuration. Key to success in this position is demonstrated, hands on expertise designing and configuring cloud solutions using both Amazon web services and Microsoft Azure. This position also acts as the devops lead for the Child Support Systems modernization program currently underway. The selected candidate must have a high level knowledge of OCTO security standards. The selected candidate will also act as OAG’s in house technical expert on Office 365, working very closely with OCTO citywide messaging and citywide IT security. Finally, the contractor will also provide infrastructure design guidance for the abacus case and document management system, and child support enforcement systems.
1. Provides high-level architectural expertise to managers and technical staff.
2. Develops architectural products and deliverables for the enterprise and operational business lines.
3. Develops strategy of system and the design infrastructure necessary to support that strategy.
4. Advises on selection of technological purchases with regards to processing, data storage, data access, and applications development.
5.Designs and implements Azure-based cloud infrastructure solutions for OAG enterprise applications
6. Provides expert level integration and implementation support (in conjunction with OCTO) for Office 365, including its value-added mobile and e-discovery components
7. Supports the system design and implementation of the Abacus Next case and document management system
8 Leads the design and implementation of Azure PAAS and IAAS services to support OAG Enterprise applications
9. Designs and implements Amazon Web Services solutions for departmental applications
10 . Works with the OCTO ECIS and Security group to ensure compliance with relevant DC and Federal Information Security Guidelines
11. Works with child support system vendor and OAG IT staff to design and configure cloud solutions for the child support systems modernization program
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.