Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OUC – 2720 Martin Luther King Jr Ave SE Washington, DC 20032
Position closes 05/08/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
1-5 years of experience. This role has global responsibilities for the administration, implementation, operations and disaster recovery aspect of the SolarWinds tool.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
MS Office Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Visio/Project experience (Required 3 years)
Requirements gathering and documentation (Required 3 years)
Solarwinds monitoring (Required 3 years)
Solarwinds agent deployment to Windows and Linux systems, and agentless (SNMP-based) monitoring of appliances (Required 3 years)
Experience interfacing with IT leads to ensure proper escalation of issues during outages or periods of degraded system performance (Required 3 years)
Monitoring and responding to hardware, software, and network problems (Required 3 years)
Compiling and analyzing information related to critical events (preparing reason for outage reports, timelines, impact, etc.) (Required 3 years)
Cisco CCNA or higher networking experience equivalent experience (Desired 3 Years)
Experience with network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, Netscout, Splunk, HP Apppulse, and Sitescope (Required 3 years)
Experience with network infrastructure devices including switches, routers and firewalls. (Required 3 years)
Knowledge of hardware, software, network operations functions, packet switching, communications protocols, and diagnostic tools (Required 3 years)
1-5 yrs designing, installing, configuring, testing, and maintaining operating systems, and application software and system mgmt. tools (Nice to have)
1-5 yrs managing/directing system level testing (Nice to have)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Desired)
1. Support and provide O&M for the OCTO NOC SolarWinds environment.
2. Work with OCTO departments and other critical agencies to enable SolarWinds monitoring for their respective applications and network / server equipment.
3. Directs and compiles information related to a critical event. Routinely prepare reason for outage (RFO) documents and reports.
4. Interfaces with District agency IT leads to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
6. Plans large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost
7. Provides quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing
8. Provides assistance and oversight for all information systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/communications operations, data entry, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations.
9. candidate will be required to work on shift, to support the NOC 365/24/7operations
1. Provides analysis related to the design, development, and integration of hardware, software, man-machine interfaces and all system level requirements to provide an integrated IT solution.
2. Develops integrated system test requirement, strategies, devices and systems.
3. Directs overall system level testing.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.