Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 04/10/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
16+ years of IT experience. The Senior Technical Program Manager (STPM) will oversee the management of an effort to provide the Office of Risk Management with an Enterprise Risk Management System utilizing existing and planned systems and integrations.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Experience as a TECHNICAL project manager. (Required 15 years)
Experience in planning and management of mission critical Projects / Programs. (Required 15 years)
Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) (Required 15 years)
Strong experience using Agile project management methodologies integrated with project-level Waterfall scheduling, milestone tracking, and cost/schedule (Required 10 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience. (Required)
Experience with Risk Management techniques and mitigation planning. (Required 15 years)
Experience conducting Business Impact Analysis. (Required 5 years)
Experience managing project teams. (Required 10 years)
Experience in business process engineering / process improvement (Required 10 years)
Experience working with quality management approaches, techniques, and principles to ensure quality (Required 15 years)
Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI). (Required 5 years)
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) (Desired)
Experience in a TECHNICAL project environment (Required 16 years)
16+ yrs in progressive consulting leadership role, providing full lifecycle services in enterprise environment (Required 16 years)
16+ yrs managing, coordinating, and establishing priorities for entire project lifecycle (Required 16 years)
The Office of the Chief Technology Officer (OCTO) Application Development and Operations program in conjunction with the Office of Risk Management (ORM) require a Senior Technical Program Manager (STPM) to be the technical liaison for OCTO and ORM. The Office of Risk Management requires planning, development and implementation of an Enterprise Risk Management System (ERMS) to include programs supporting Public Sector Workers Compensation, Risk Prevention and Safety, Tort Liability and Insurance Management. OCTO Application Development and Operations provides project management and development solutions to include the management of complex IT projects, product integrations, vendor management, software quality assurance and liaison services with supporting OCTO programs.
The STPM will oversee the management of the OCTO and ORM projects under the umbrella of the ERMS. This includes integrations with enterprise products such as PeopleSoft, Data Services such as the Master Address Repository, payment and vendor management systems such as PASS and SOAR and management of third party development and implementation teams from vendors such as Origami Risk Management. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical project planning, project management adhering to best practices and will ensure that assigned deliverables are completed on-time, within scope and within budget. The candidate will be responsible for extremely high-quality deliverables within that scope. The STPM will act as the project management technical lead and will work with OCTO and ORM program team members, District Agency Officials and vendor personnel to ensure that technical solutions in support of the ERMS are properly delivered. The selected candidate will be responsible for all aspects of project management including project resourcing, project planning, scheduling, risk management, scope management, internal and external communications, status reporting and ensuring all project documentation is completed and agreed upon within the relevant phases of the project.
1. Evaluates complex situations using multiple sources of information.
2. Manages and appropriately escalates: delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated to solution development initiatives.
3. Ability to lead cross-functional teams and interact with all staff levels.
4. Analysis, planning, developing requirements documents (both functional and technical), building functional models, developing procedures, developing functional and technical architectures.
5. Assigns and monitors work of project team members.
6. Designs and implements processes to monitor and control resources, budget, risks and value to project goals and objectives.
7. Establishes, plans, and executes major milestone reviews and decision gates to ensure project completion.
8. Exercises excellent verbal and written communication skills and has the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group; software developers, DBAs, network engineers, agency business and technical owners, SME’s and senior executive management.
9. Effectively manages scope throughout the project duration.
10. Maintains accurate project schedules, financial burn rates, change management, project plans, and status reports.
11. Will convey a high level of understanding in the areas of software application design, database and system integration
12. Will resolve conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies.
13. Understands, tracks and articulates issues / risks / action items; works with responsible owners to address the items on a timely basis; and update the appropriate stakeholders as needed
1. Organizes, directs, and manages contract operation support functions, involving multiple, complex, and inter- related project tasks.
2. Manages teams of contract Support Personnel at multiple locations.
3. Maintains and manages the client interface at the senior levels of the client organization.
4. Meets with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items. Ensures conformance with program task schedules and costs.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.