Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 04/10/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
ETL specialist to support to the OCTO data curation program for various data enhancement, update, and creation activities.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Experience using Informatica Power 10.x center including software configuration and upgrade (Required 6 years)
Expertise in advanced PL/SQL techniques. (Required 6 years)
Prior working experience in data warehousing, business intelligence and information management concepts. (Required 6 years)
Experience in UNIX and Windows Scripting (Required 6 years)
Experience in Relational and dimensional databases (Required 6 years)
Understanding of visualization and reporting software such as Microstrategy, Tableau, and ArcGIS (Required 3 years)
Expertise using FME Server 2016 for geospatial ETL development (Highly desired 2 Years)
Informatica BDM and overall big data ETL experience (Nice to have)
6-10 yrs as SME in complex enterprise level projects (Required 6 years)
Master’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
The purpose of this Statement of Work is to obtain services of a contractor to provide on-site ETL specialist to support to the OCTO data curation program for various data enhancement, update, and creation activities. Specifically, the ETL specialist will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Design, architect, develop, and deliver applications using Informatica Power Center and FME server.
• Analyzes data structures in existing legacy systems to design extract, transform and load processes and data warehouse data structures using Informatica and FME server.
• Develop routines for ETL performance optimization.
• Provide technical support for issues including hands-on troubleshooting and implement enhancements and customizations.
• Uses standard data modeling, data flow, and data documentation tools to analyze, document and present data analysis work.
• Works cooperatively with others to resolve data and process issues.
1. Provides assessments of technical and operational practices based on leading industry standards specific to the requested technology.
2. Plans, organizes, and conducts research in a variety of areas, such as new or existing products, science, social science, law or business in support of an IT initiative.
3. Searches sources such as reference works, literature, documents, newspapers, statistical records, and other sources of information. May use Internet, Intranet, magazines, periodicals, journals, and other media to perform research.
4. Analyzes information and statistical data to prepare reports and studies for use by professionals.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.