Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE; Washington DC 20003
Position closes 06/26/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
3 to 5 years of experience with Netbackup system. Experience working in an enterprise environment protecting data for thousands of systems. Must have experience with disaster recovery process, procedures, design, implementation and troubleshooting.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Documenting and maintaining a disaster recovery plan (Required 5 years)
Installation of NetBackup Master and Media servers and Bare Metal Restore Boot Servers (Required 3 years)
Designing, configuring, and implementing netbackup policies (Required 5 years)
Strong knowledge of and experience with NetBackup Bare Metal Restore (Required 5 years)
Strong UNIX (Solaris10) / LINUX (Redhat 6.*) background (Highly desired)
Linux & Windows Netbackup Media server problem management experience (Required 3 years)
Experience in EMC Data Domain (Highly desired)
Experience with VMware and hyper-v virtualization software (Highly desired)
16+ yrs designing, testing, and implementing disaster recovery plan for IT data centers, apps, and systems (Desired)
16+ yrs documenting and maintaining a disaster recovery plan (Desired)
16+ yrs database import, export, and backup experience (Required)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
We are looking for a NetBackup Engineer with experience up to NetBackup 7.X to be responsible for the administration and installation of a large multi-site NetBackup environment running on SQL, Oracle, Linux, Windows and virtual Servers. The role will be responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining NetBackup clients and Servers attached to virtual disk subsystems. Disk based backups systems and physical tape libraries. Must have experience in supporting a large backup environment of over 5,000 clients and 4-5 petabytes of data.
1. Designs and administers programs to include policies, standards, guidelines, training programs, and a viable quality assurance process for disaster recovery.
2. Oversees and reviews the testing and implementation of software, data systems, and data networks to ensure that the integrity and security of all electronic data and data systems are adequately protected.
3. Facilitates the preparation of an organization-wide business resumption plan.
4. Assists in the coordination and establishment of disaster recovery programs and business resumption planning across mainframe and client server platforms.
5. Coordinates and monitors simulation testing across all platforms.
6. Designs and administers programs to include policies, standards, guidelines, training programs, and a viable quality assurance process for disaster recovery.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.