Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 4/20/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
6-10 years of experience. Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users. (Required 6 years)
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
6-10 yrs diagnosing and resolving end user computer/computer peripherals problems (Required 6 years)
6-10 yrs providing second-tier support to end users, server, or mainframe apps/hardware (Required 6 years)
6-10 yrs documenting, tracking and monitoring end user, server, or mainframe apps/hardware problems (Required 6 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 4 years)
DC Government experience (Highly desired)
IT Helpdesk first tier and second tier experience (Required 2 years)
Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. (Required 5 years)
DFHV is seeking a contractor to provide help desk and general support for hardware and software including managing the on-boarding and off-boarding of staff with equipment and technology access, IT asset inventory, mobile devices and telecommunications. Other duties as assigned.
1. Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users.
2. Ensures a timely process through which problems are controlled. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps.
3. Supervises operation of help desk and serves as focal point for customer concerns.
4. Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
5. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
6. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
7. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
8. Provides second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware.
9. Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
10. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
11. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.