Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 04/24/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
6-10 years of experience. Designs and builds relational databases. Performs data access analysis design, and archive/recovery design and implementation.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
6-10 yrs designing, creating, deploying, and managing data architecture in an enterprise environment (Required 10 Years)
6-10 yrs hands-on management of MS SQL Server 2008 or higher, Oracle, or IBM DB2, involving implementation of schemas, indexes, and query optimization (Required 6 Years)
6-10 yrs working with large data sets (Required 10 Years)
6-10 yrs defining and implementing data security, quality enforcement, and retention policies (Required 6 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
Must have hands experience with MicroStrategy (Required 3 Years)
1. Designs and builds relational databases. Performs data access analysis design, and archive/recovery design and implementation.
2. Develops strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database.
3. Works in a data warehouse environment, which includes data design, database architecture, and metadata repository creation.
4. Translates business needs into long-term architecture solutions.
5. Defines, designs, and builds dimensional databases.
6. Develops data warehousing blueprints, evaluating hardware and software platforms, and integrating systems.
7. Reviews and develops object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.