Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 05/01/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
The IT Business Analyst (BA) will support the District-wide effort to provide Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Operations (DR-COOP) for the District of Columbia government’s critical systems. 10 (ten) years of experience required
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
Experience as an IT Business Analyst (Required 10 years)
Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) (Required 10 years)
Solid understanding of software quality assurance and processes (Required 10 years)
Intermediate understanding of relational data models. (Required 5 years)
Experience conducting Business Impact Analysis (Required 5 years)
Experience assisting in the architecting and/or documenting of disaster recovery/COOP solutions. (Required 3 years)
Skilled with MS Office tools (Visio, PowerPoint, Word & Excel) (Required 10 years)
Experience developing use cases and user stories. (Required 8 years)
Experience in business process mapping or operational redesign / improvement (Required 8 years)
Experience as a technical writer in a software/application development environment (Required 10 years)
Experience creating process flows and system architecture diagrams using Visio (Required 8 years)
Experience conducting integrated team sessions (Required 8 years)
Experience working with technical staff such as software developers and DBAs (Required 5 years)
Professional in Business Analysis (PBA) certification or equivalent (Desired)
The IT Business Analyst (BA) will support the District-wide effort to provide Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Operations (DR-COOP) for the District of Columbia government’s critical systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for interfacing with District agency technical and business staff to fully understand their critical systems and the business operations they support. The BA will work under the supervision of a Senior Technical Project Manager to perform business impact analyses for District agencies as part of assessing the overall impact to operations if agency critical systems are jeopardized. The Business Analyst will draft customer questionnaires, conduct integrated teaming sessions, perform systems analysis and draft associated documentation; perform general business analysis activities; and develop and/or assist in the development of documentation related to all project activities for the life of the project
Responsibilities and Expectations:
– Leads business impact analysis efforts by interviewing agency business and technical systems owners, to include senior executives.
– Interfaces with internal agency technical staff to convey an understanding of customer business systems in technical terms.
– Applies fundamentals of business systems analysis to properly document both process and automated systems.
– Ensures that all deliverables are met on time against the project schedule while ensuring the highest standards of quality.
– Ultimately responsible for the quality and comprehensiveness of all project documentation artifacts, to include, but not limited to, customer questionnaires, business impact analysis, business systems’ technical architecture, application and disaster recovery/failover testing plans.
– Gathers and documents business, functional, and technical requirements for the purposes of software application development as necessary.
– Documents accurate use cases and user stories based on customer requirements as necessary.
– Will communicate timelines and statuses on all deliverables in a timely manner.
– Will provide direct support to the Senior Technical Project Manager and OCTO Program Management staff.
– Prepares reports for management.
– Will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interface with a wide audience ranging from senior executives and associated business personnel to software developers, testers, database architects, and systems engineers.
– Displays a high degree of adaptability, flexibility, and willingness to assist fellow team members.
– Extremely strong critical thinking skills
1. Adapts functional business requirements and processes to technical solutions based upon comprehensive enterprise application solution sets.
2. Enterprise resource planning and management processes, including but not limited to: knowledge management, investment analysis, data warehousing, e-commerce, return on investment analysis, human resource analysis, material management and logistics, supply chain management, procurement, ordering, manufacturing, decision support, and information dissemination.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.