Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DBH – 64 NY Ave, NE 3rd Floor Washington, DC, 20002
Position closes 05/07/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
16+ yrs installing, configuring and designing a SharePoint Enterprise Environment (SP2007-SP365) and experience installing SharePoint system patches and upgrade as needed
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
6+ yrs installing and configuring system hardware/software in an enterprise environment (Required 16 years)
16+ yrs installing operating system (OS) patches and upgrades (Required 16 years)
16+ yrs monitoring networks to ensure security and availability (Required 16 years)
16+ yrs performing daily backups (Required 16 years)
16+ yrs troubleshooting server and other hardware issues (Required 16 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
Must be able to perform server migrations and system updates (Required 10 years)
Must have experience installing, configuring and designing a SharePoint Enterprise Environment (SP2007-SP365) (Required 10 years)
Must have experience installing SharePoint system patches and upgrade as needed (Required 10 years)
Must have experience monitoring permissions and access to ensure compliance with Government security, industry standards (Required 10 years)
Must have experience troubleshooting access/visibility and other SharePoint software issues (Required 10 years)
Must have experience with Fillable Forms creation, Lists, SP Designer, InfoPass, Metadata, SQL, C++ (Required 10 years)
Must be able to perform SharePoint migrations (Required)
Experience configuring sites and sub-sites, creating and modifying SharePoint site collections with multiple sites.
Ability to analyze office requirements, review existing SharePoint system, define solutions, and translate that into designs and programming work on SharePoint.
As the SharePoint Administrator, you will be responsible for providing technical support for the SharePoint environment. You will be responsible for understanding business and customer requirements that drive the analysis and design of technical solutions.
1. The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of computer hardware and software and related infrastructure.
2. Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
3. Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to District policies, standards, and guidelines.
4. Systems administration engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
5. Installs new / rebuild existing servers and configures hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
6. Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
7. Performs regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
8. Performs daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
9. Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
10. Creates, changes, and deletes user accounts per request.
11. Provides Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies.
12. Investigates and troubleshoots issues.
13. Diagnoses and recovers from hardware or software failures.
14. Coordinates and communicates with impacted constituencies.
15. Applies operating system (OS) patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrades administrative tools and utilities.
16. Configures / adds new services as necessary.
17. Upgrades and configures system software that supports infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
18. Maintains operational, configuration, or other procedures.
19. Performs periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
20. Performs ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
21. Configures central processing unit (CPU), memory, and disk partitions as required.
22. Maintains data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.