Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 03/23/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
DC OCTO is looking for an experienced Salesforce Consultant who is always looking for new ways to solve problems, meet challenges and improve software capability and functionality.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
16 yrs BA experience (Desired 16 Years)
16 yrs Software Development Lifecycle experience (Required 16 Years)
16 yrs requirements gathering and documentation (Required 16 Years)
16 yrs MS Office/PowerPoint experience (Required 16 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
Demonstrated Work Experience with SalesForce Platform as a developer (Required 5 Years)
Demonstrated Work Experience with APEX Programming Language (Required 5 Years)
Demonstrated Work Experience with VisualForce (Required 5 Years)
Experience experience with SalesForce Security Models. (Required 5 Years)
The Salesforce Consultant will design, code, test and implement new Salesforce software applications to meet project objectives and support new or expanding business objectives. This will include analysis, testing and deployment of new or updated software applications.
Candidate must have technical proficiency with the Salesforce platform along with general software development expertise. Candidates should be able to participate in the entire development lifecycle from design through deployment. Ability to code in the Apex language is essential, and knowledge of other coding languages is helpful.
Salesforce Consultant Job Summary
The Salesforce Consultant will work in an Agile Team environment to contribute expertise to the design and build of world-class applications to meet evolving requirements and improve our internal and client-facing Salesforce environment.
The Salesforce Consultant will be working in a supportive and fast-paced team with some of the top experts in the Salesforce platform industry and will enjoy numerous opportunities to increase your professional knowledge.
The Salesforce Consultant will need the following characteristics:
Big picture thinker and in-depth problem solver, your knowledge and skills are both broad and deep.
You take pride in designing systems that stand up to high volumes and won’t fail at critical points.
The solutions you design are built for the long-term and can take a company from one customer to one million customers seamlessly.
You have proven experience integrating systems via API’s as well as a strong development background.
• Develop customized solutions within the Salesforce platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, client requirements and company goals
• Manage daily support and maintenance of internal Salesforce instance, and conduct long-term improvement operations to ensure compatibility with evolving mission requirements
• Communicate with project managers, clients and other developers to design cohesive project strategies and ensure effective collaboration throughout all phases of development, testing and deployment
• Maintain a flexible and proactive work environment to facilitate a quick response to changing project requirements and customer objectives, and innovate ways to meet mission goals successfully
• Interact directly with clients, managers and end users as necessary to analyze project objectives and capability requirements, including specifications for user interfaces, customized applications and interactions with internal Salesforce instances
• Provide system administration support of internal and customer-facing Salesforce environment, especially related to customized applications, user permissions, security settings, custom objects and workflow
• Collaborate with various internal departments, including marketing, product development and operations, to ensure Salesforce environment supports internal needs relating to functionality and performance
Job Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant field of study
• Minimum work experience: 8 years of software development and 4 years of Salesforce application development
• Self-motivated and creative
• Salesforce Developer Certification
• Experience developing customer-facing user interfaces
For example, see our Salesforce Consultant job responsibilities
• Create applications to interface with Salesforce
• Evaluate existing CRM and case management processes and determine potential Salesforce-enabled enhancements
• Oversee solutions design and delivery, including integration with existing architecture
• Identify opportunities for CRM and Einstein Analytics automation
• Collaborate with business application owners to advance development of key market tools
1. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
2. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirements specifications.
3. Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top-level contributor/specialist of most phases of systems analysis, while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements :
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience; or a current Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.