Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 11/07/2017
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
The Senior Network Architect supports the DC-Net program. The Architect will be responsible for designing, developing, and troubleshooting network issues. They will be a technical leader in network design and architecture.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Demonstrated experience as a network design engineer or architect (Required 8 years)
Experience designing and planning large scale network migration including data centers (Required 5 years)
Experience in large scale integration, upgrade and supporting industry standard communication technology and products. (Required 5 years)
Experience implementing Wireless solutions (Required 5 years)
Experience supporting Tier 2/3 technicians as well as end users (Required 5 years)
Experience capturing and documenting end-user requirements (Required 5 years)
Hands on experience creating functional and technical design documentation (Required 5 years)
Hands on Experience with configuration of routing protocols: BGP and OSPF (Required 5 years)
Demonstrated experience with private and public cloud technologies (Required 3 years)
Hands on experience with Cisco Data Center Nexus 5k,7k,and 9k Switches (Required 3 years)
Experience developing technical presentations and presenting to technical and non technical audiences (Required 3 years)
Experience with IPTV using Multicast (Required 2 years)
Experience with UCS – Unified Computing System (Required 2 years)
Cisco Certified Design Expert Certiification (CCDE) (Required)
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert WITH Lab (CCIE) (Required)
16+ yrs BA Experience (Required)
16+ yrs Software Development Lifecycle Experience (Required)
16+ yrs requirements gathering and documentation (Required)
16+ yrs MS Office Experience (Required)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
Knowledge of Cisco ACI (Application Centric Infrastructure) Design and Architecture (Desired)
Work involves the analysis, planning, design, implementation, documentation, assessment, and management of the infrastructure communications and network architecture to align IT strategy, plans, and networks with the mission, goals, structure, and processes of the organization.
Design and implement solutions to meet the business requirements supporting District’s next generation network infrastructure including data centers and cloud architecture.
Develop architectural strategy, including technology standardization and modernization for all District’s enterprise and service provider networks supporting Unified Communications, and Data Security initiatives:
• Participate in high level business and technical meetings to identify potential network engineering projects.
• Perform gap analysis and suggest solutions to meet customer needs.
• Develop reference architecture and strategic road maps.
• Gather and analyze data and develop requirements at project level.
• Provide support to the Network Operations and Engineering teams for all DC-Net products and platforms.
Detailed Responsibilities Include:
• Plan, design and implement LAN/WAN/Security solutions that are in line with industry standards and meet government regulatory compliance
• Review, assess, and recommend network standards to support, routing & switching, data centers, cloud-based architectures
• Evaluate the current state of the network, provide recommendations and implement solution to ensure the network architecture are updated with latest industry best practices.
• Produce High Level Design and Low Level Design documentation for network projects.
• Produce and participate in RFP development for new products and services
• Develop Statement of Work, Bill of Material and supporting documents for products and solutions that meet Government procurement process.
• Participate and perform regular network audits to ensure adherence to government security and regulatory compliance.
• Participate on operational support calls by troubleshooting and providing root cause analysis report for critical network failures.
• Collaborate with external telecommunication and network firms to resolve issues with external service providers
• Peer review network configuration changes and provide training to empower engineers and operational staff on performing network infrastructure support and maintenance
• Provide Tier 4 support for all operational related issues escalated via Tier 2/3 engineers
1. Provides high-level architectural expertise to managers and technical staff.
2. Develops architectural products and deliverables for the enterprise and operational business lines.
3. Develops strategy of system and the design infrastructure necessary to support that strategy.
4. Advises on selection of technological purchases with regards to processing, data storage, data access, and applications development. Sets standards for the client/server relational database structure for the organization (Structured Query Language (SQL), Oracle, Sybase).
5. Advises of feasibility of potential future projects to management.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.