Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 06/14/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
16+ years of experience. as a Mainframe-based CICS (Customer Information Control System) Systems Programmer and Project Leader.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
16+ yrs CICS Systems Programming experience; intimately familiar with the structure and flow, key parameters, and security. (Required 16 years)
16+ yrs installing, using SMP/E, customizing, tuning, and performing capacity planning for z/OS based CICS and associated products. (Required 16 years)
16+ yrs diagnosing and resolving errors manifested within CICS regardless of the root cause of the error. (Required 16 years)
16+ yrs leading mainframe-based projects, ensuring that they are flawlessly implemented on-time, within budget, and fully documented. (Required 16 years)
Demonstrable intimate familiarity with mainframe-based DB2, and/or ADABAS, and/or VSAM. (Highly desired 11 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
1. Evaluates, plans, installs, and maintains z/OS-based CICS environments, including associated and assigned program products.
2. Develops, implements, maintains and enforces documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
3. Provides training for system products and procedures.
4. Performs application upgrades.
5. Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real- time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
6. Troubleshoots problems.
7. Ensures project life-cycle is in compliance with District standards and procedures.
Applicants seeking part-time employment for a minimum of 20 hours per week may apply.
This individual will be working closely with DHS OIS and its partner agencies to ensure the agencies’ priorities are met. This is a position within DHS OIS Division.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
1. Provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
2. Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
3. Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment.
4. Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
5. Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
6. Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to Job Control Language (JCL), access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
7. Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., Cognos)/back-end programming languages (e.g., Structured Query Language (SQL). Performs database programming and supports systems design.
8. Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.