Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 06/12/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
16+ years of experience. Coordinates IT Architectural, engineering, Design, maintenance, QA, and risk and operational management.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Extensive ESXi experience (Required 7 years)
In-depth experience with VMware vRealize Automation (Required 5 years)
In-depth understanding of Server hardware and Operating systems (Required 10 years)
Experience with Dell Servers, configurations and troubleshooting (Required 5 years)
In-depth experience of Active Directory (Required 10 years)
Extensive experience with Brocade Fibre Channel Switches and Brocade Network Advisor (Required 5 years)
In-depth experience with Dell Compellent SAN and Dell Storage Manager (Required 4 years)
In-depth experience with Disaster Recovery and Avoidance planning (Required 5 years)
In-depth knowledge of PowerShell (Required 3 years)
Experience with Veritas NetBackup (Required 3 years)
Experience as a SME in complex enterprise level projects (Required 16 years)
Experience with Zerto Cloud (Required 3 years)
In-depth knowledge of Enterprise Storage and Backups (Required 5 years)
Experience with VMware Site Recovery Manager (Required 3 years)
leading projects, ensuring they are in compliance with established standards/procedures (Highly desired 16 Years)
planning, coordinating, and monitoring project activities
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Not Required)
Program seeks an Infrastructure Specialist with an emphasis on Automation, Virtualization, Storage, and Disaster Avoidance/Recovery Design experience. Extensive Expertise with VMware Components ESXi, vCenter, vRealize Automation, vRealize Operations Management, VMware Site Recovery Manager, Zerto Cloud, Netbackup, Dell Storage, and Brocade Fibre Channel Networking in private and public cloud is required.
The Infrastructure Specialist / Senior IT Consultant duties include:
• Design Highly Available environment.
• Validate environments are deployed based on design.
• Audit environments to ensure they are highly available.
• Design disaster recovery solution based on application recovery point objective and recovery time objective.
• Validate disaster recovery by testing failovers.
• Provide specialized knowledge how to implement and upgrade Systems in conformance with customer requirements
• Lead the development of Operational and maintenance procedures for systems
• Document system configuration and operational procedures.
This position requires keeping up to date with Dell Storage, Dell Servers, VMware ESXi, vRealize Automation, Site Recovery components in use at the customer’s site, as well as a testing and validating interoperability in a lab setting prior to deploying updates to production.
Candidates must have extensive knowledge and experience with Active Directory, VMware vCenter, ESXi, vRealize Automation, Site Recovery Manager, Operations Manager, Zerto Cloud, Netbackup, Dell Compellent, Brocade Fibre Channel Networking, and PowerShell.
The environment is fast moving and has high expectations for quality of work and turnaround times.
1. Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
2. Plans, coordinates, and monitors project activities.
3. Develops technical applications to support users.
4. Develops, implements, maintains and enforces documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
5. Provides training for system products and procedures.
6. Performs application upgrades.
7. Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real- time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
8. Troubleshoots problems.
9. Ensures project life-cycle is in compliance with District standards and procedures.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.