Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DDOT – 55 M Street, SE, Suite 400 Washington DC 20003
Position closes 06/13/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
System Admin with eperience in VMWare , Windows Server and Active Directory experience.
Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
11-15 yrs planning, coordinating, and monitoring project activities
11-15 yrs leading projects, ensuring they are in compliance with established standards/procedures (Required 11 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 15 years)
VMWare experience (Required 5 years)
Windows Server experience (Required 5 years)
Provide direct endpoint (PC, Tablet and Laptop) support – ( Windows 7/8/10 desktops, tablets and notebooks) (Required 5 years)
Experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Required 11 years)
Configure and troubleshoot wireless and wired connectivity (Required 3 years)
Experience and use of remote control tool sets (e.g. LANDesk) or equivalent (Required 4 years)
Knowledge of Active Directory and exchange concepts and administration (Required 11 years)
Solid knowledge of TCP/IP networking & related network services (i.e., DNS, VPN, DHCP, etc) (Required 5 years)
Troubleshoot, diagnose, resolve hardware and software issues and document technical service requests (Required 11 years)
Server engineer will be responsible for the day to day management of the windows servers
in a VMWare & physical environment but not limited to analyzing logs, troubleshooting
server & network connectivity, account creation, active directory & support of users at all
tiers. Experience in VMWare experience, Windows Server experience , Acrtive Directory,
direct endpoint (PC, Tablet and Laptop) support – ( Windows 7/8/10 desktops, tablets and
notebooks. Experience and use of remote control tool sets (e.g. LANDesk) or equivalent,
knowedge of Active Directory and exchange concepts and administration Ability
Troubleshoot, diagnose, resolve hardware and software issues and document technical
service requests. Solid knowledge of TCP/IP networking & related network services (i.e.,
DNS, VPN, DHCP, etc.)
1. Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
2. Plans, coordinates, and monitors project activities.
3. Develops technical applications to support users.
4. Develops, implements, maintains and enforces documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
5. Provides training for system products and procedures.
6. Performs application upgrades.
7. Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real- time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
8. Troubleshoots problems.
9. Ensures project life-cycle is in compliance with District standards and procedures.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.