Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DHS – 64 NY Ave, NE Washington, DC, 20002
Position closes 06/13/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
11-15 years of experience. Provides development of project software quality assurance plan and the implementation of procedures that conforms to the requirements of the contract.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
11-15 yrs developing software quality assurance plans (Required 11 years)
11-15 yrs developing test plans and procedures (Required 11 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 11 years)
Hands-on testing experience in enterprise software testing practices and tools. (Required 8 years)
Hands-on testing experience in significant Java based technology experience, preferably in a software product (rather than custom) development environment (Required 8 years)
Hands-on development experience in at least one scripting language, with a preference for use in testing (including automation) scenarios using UTF (Required 11 years)
Experience with UFT, HP Quality Center (ALM) and Selenium (Required 5 years)
Backend testing experience with Microsoft SQL Server databases (Required 5 years)
.NET Web application solutions testing experience (Required 5 years)
Has previously defined and configured the automated testing for a software product application / platform (and releases) preferably using HP UTF (Required 5 years)
Has provided QA / Test automation / management reporting “views” to support Business & IT stakeholders in staying on top of status and next steps. (Required 3 years)
Experience with Jira or similar bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management software (Required 3 years)
Senior Quality Assurance Specialist with proven professional experience and must have the ability to determine the resources required for quality control and the ability to maintain the level of quality. As Sr. QA Specialist, individual will be responsible for planning, managing, maintaining, coordinating and executing manual and automated test scripts for complex, multi-tier applications.
This position is housed under Application Support Division I (ASD I) of the Office of Information Systems (OIS) in direct support of the TANF & SNAP related applications stabilization, enhancements and operations and maintenance redesign and other related projects.
The Application Support Division I is looking for two (2) Senior Quality Assurance Specialists whose primary responsibilities include
Review requirements, specifications and documentation to gain a thorough understanding of the programs and processes to be verified. Ensure the quality of the software by creating and modifying software test scenarios and test scripts, creation and execution of software test scripts (both manual and automation), performing analysis of test results and the reporting of quality issues. Coordinate with system developers to communicate test results and resolve defects. Identify software issues and enter data in defect management systems. Create and report testing metrics to project management in order to assess stability and status of all testing activities. Provide or validate estimates for assigned tasks. Assist with configuration management tasks on a project (test scripts, coordination of requirement changes) as required. Create traceability matrices and test reports. Provide support to user acceptance testing as required. Candidate will be responsible for the implementation and management of business aligned IT services. Ensuring the application platform is of high quality, defects free and adheres to industry standards for development, testing and deployment methodologies.
The successful candidates will demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, characteristics, experiences and/or abilities:
• Works closely with the Scrum Master, Product Architect, Product Owner, Data Architect, and the sprint developers to test software user stories and product releases.
• Automating test efficiencies where possible; and lead cross-functional testers to adopt best practices.
• Strong individual contributor with an outstanding ability to collaborate with a talented team of Software Product Designers / Developers and functional leaders to build efficient testing processes, tools, and automation.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
• A strategic view towards the big picture of QA / Test processes, pipelines, automation, and reporting; including cross-functional impacts.
• Strong ability to communicate the QA vision to both functional and technical stakeholders, and to grow the technical capabilities and effectiveness of the QA team.
• Strong experience in testing applications based on JAVA stack and Glassfish and/or .NET Technologies/MVC Framework and IIS.
• Strong test automation experience in setup / configuration, preferably in a Java stack environment, and even better have Cloud solutions testing setup experience.
• Good understanding of an Agile SDLC environment, with (preferred) Agile Scrum experience from the QA / Test perspective.
• Has some coding experience, and isn’t afraid to dig in to programming, whether scripting or a .NET language sometimes.
• An understanding of DevOps, and is interested in expanding beyond their test automation expertise to help the company grow into DevOps processes.
The incumbent will become an integral part of the ASD I Team, making every problem associated to the platform a problem of their own and will demonstrate the required initiative and critical thinking abilities necessary to resolve all problems and challenges accordingly.
This individual will be working closely with DHS OIS and its partner agencies to ensure the agencies’ priorities are met. This is a position within DHS OIS Division.
1. Provides development of project software quality assurance plan and the implementation of procedures that conforms to the requirements of the contract.
2. Provides an independent assessment of how the project’s software development process is being implemented relative to the defined process and recommends methods to optimize the organization’s process.
3. May be responsible for all activities involving quality assurance and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
4. Conducts audits and reviews/analyzes data and documentation.
5. Develops and implements procedures and test plans for assuring quality in a system development environment which supports large databases and applications.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.