Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DHS – 64 NY Ave, NE Washington, DC, 20002
Position closes 7/30/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
11-15 years of experience. Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
11-15 yrs troubleshooting production problems related to software applications (Required 11 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 4 years)
Proven experience in IT field with focus on the technical reporting, system setup, data analysis and analytics. (Required 11 years)
Proven experience in the setting up and configuration of MS SQL Server infrastructure. (Required 11 years)
Proven experience in creating and deploying reporting/dashboard solutions using Reporting Services of MS SQL Server together with good problem solving (Required 11 years)
Excellent analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written, have the ability to work well in a team, collaborating with developers, custom (Required 3 years)
Candidate should have worked on any of the leading Reporting tools like SSRS, Business Objects, MicroStrategy Cognos, Tableau, and / or Qlikview. (Required 3 years)
Candidate should strong ETL experience in Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence platforms (experiences with ETL Tools like SSIS/Informatica) (Required 3 years)
Years of Experience in administration, development, design & support of computerized databases (Required 8 years)
Knowledge and experience with database technologies, development front-end (e.g., Cognos)/back-end programming language (Required 8 years)
Knowledge and experience with front-end (e.g., Cognos)/back-end programming languages (e.g., Structured Query Language (SQL) (Required 3 years)
Experience with tuning Reporting Services (Required 5 years)
Proven experience in design, implement and managing complex databases including administration tasks. (Required 11 years)
Senior Backend SQL Server Developer with proven professional experience in the design, development, delivery and enhancement of SQL queries, reports, procedures, functions and other necessary backend development and administration including database backups and recoveries
This position is housed under Application Support Division I (ASD I) of the Office of Information Systems (OIS) in direct support of the TANF & SNAP related applications stabilization, enhancements and operations and maintenance redesign and other related projects.
The Application Support Division I is looking for a Senior Backend SQL Server Developer whose primary responsibilities include design, development, delivery and enhancement of SQL queries, reports, procedures, functions and other necessary backend development and administration including backup, restoring and monitoring.
Candidate will be responsible for the implementation and management of business aligned IT services. Ensuring the application platform is of high quality, defects free and adheres to industry standards for development, testing and deployment methodologies.
The successful candidates will demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, characteristics, experiences and/or abilities:
• Capable of design, develop and deploy applications that support users on the client assessments & case and program management applications especially with DHS’s TCA, SNAP E&T Assessment etc. applications.
• Provides mentorship and technical advice to a team of Application/Reports/Query developers.
• Provides strategic advice to the lead, management and customers of the OIS.
• Capable of implementing programming standards that support a secure and defect free application.
• Interacts daily with government clients in order to meet the technical requirements for new initiatives.
• Works with Quality Assurance / Quality Control teams to insure the application remains secure and defect free.
• Evaluates, designs, and implements accepted programming standards as they relate to the TCA and SNAP E&T application and infrastructure.
• Defines and documents processes to be used by all application developers on the team.
• Plans, researches, and recommends new equipment, software tools, and related technologies.
• Uses monitoring and performance analysis tools to troubleshoot and isolate application performance issues.
Management of Database environments, backups, restores and other administration tasks
• Updates system and process documentation, produces user guides, ER diagrams, and SOPs as needed – Including Visio Network design drawings.
• Other duties as assigned.
The candidate will become an integral part of the ASD I Team, making every problem associated to the platform a problem of their own and will demonstrate the required initiative and critical thinking abilities necessary to resolve all problems and challenges accordingly.
This individual will be working closely with DHS OIS and its partner agencies to ensure the agencies’ priorities are met. This is a position within DHS OIS Division.
1. Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
2. Researches, tests, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
3. Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
4. Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
5. Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
6. Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
7. Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
8. Acts as team leader on projects.
9. Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
10. Participates in development of software user manuals.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.