Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 06/13/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
The Software Quality Assurance/Functional Tester has strong of knowledge in quality assurance, release management, automation test tools,provides advanced system testing support for the new and existing applications primarily Web and ERP Applications.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Design, develop and execute automated test cases from requirements. (Required 8 years)
Prior experience using HP Quality Center/ALM for writing test cases AND defect management (Required 8 years)
Experience testing in PeopleSoft HCM version 9.0 and above (Required 5 years)
Solid expereince of v9.2 upgrade processes (Initial pass, Move to Prod etc.) (Required 3 years)
Demonstrated Experience of PeopleSoft HR, Time and Labor, Payroll module. (Required 5 years)
Design and support user interface testing application and regression testing software. (Required 8 years)
Advanced level experience writing SQL queries. (Required 5 years)
Advanced level experience of creating PTF scripts (Required 2 years)
Demonstrated experience working with Oracle 11G or 12c Database. (Required 3 years)
Prior history leading all technical testing efforts including functional & automated testing. (Required 8 years)
Past requirements to provide defect status and quality metrics to the project manager to ensure bugs are resolved in a timely manner. (Required 8 years)
Prior exp contributing as a tester to the entire software development life cycle (SDLC) (Required 8 years)
Prior exp providing production support of software products by investigating and recreating reported defects (Required 8 years)
Prior experience with Waterfall and Agile Methodologies (Highly desired 8 Years)
Prior work experience with PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 mobile platform (Desired 2 Years)
Federal or State/Local Government experience (Desired 3 Years)
Prior work for implementation of QA standards and continual improvement activities (Desired 3 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
The PeopleSoft Functional Tester must have strong of knowledge in quality assurance, release management, testing and provides advanced system testing support for the new PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 application, interfaces with external systems, and reporting. Must be able to perform quality testing and lead user acceptance testing using PeopleSoft Test Framework (PTF). The functional tester will be able to write a test plan based upon requirements, develop test scripts, perform testing, and assist in the training of end users or testers and will have deep knowledge in software testing methodology and the system development life cycle. Participation in design specification reviews and technical documentation reviews is essential to performing these duties. Also, the applicant will create testing and performance summary reports clearly communicating to management all testing results. Finally, the tester will help prioritize defects to be fixed using an understanding of the business requirements and the needs of the customer.
The following essential duties and responsibilities for this position include:
• Experience in PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 testing 3+ years
• Must have solid understanding in 9.2 upgrade processes (Initial pass, Move to Prod etc.)
• Responsible for PeopleSoft application system and integration test preparation and execution.
• Responsible to use existing project artifacts/deliverables to create test conditions, identify test scenarios, write test scripts and prepare test data.
• Meet with users, and subject matter experts to review and refine test scenarios and scripts
• Responsible to independently execute system and integration test scripts, including documentation of test results, identification, documentation and resolution of test defects.
• Responsible for documenting defects identified during testing, working with application development teams to resolve, and retest the defect until resolved.
• PeopleSoft 9.2 Core HCM expertise in several of the following modules: Benefits, eRecruit, Self Service, MSS, Time and Labor, Payroll.
• Develop and execute automated test scripts using PeopleSoft Test Framework
• Should have some knowledge in PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 mobile platform.
• Deliver weekly reports showing progress against outstanding testing milestones, issues, risks and dependencies
• Contribute to the entire software development life cycle (SDLC – Agile and Waterfall preferred) from initial business requirements to deployment & production support
• Experience in automated functional testing
• Experience with HP Quality Center/ALM.
• Answer client support questions via phone and email
• Create & implement test plans and test scripts (with focus on integration & batch processing scenarios)
• Lead all technical testing efforts including integration testing & performance testing
• Ensure QoS (quality of service) levels of software products through performance test benchmarking
• Provide production support of software products by investigating and recreating reported defects
• Work with multiple database interfaces and be familiar with standard web architectures
• Federal or State/Local Government experience desired
• Assist in implementation of QA standards and continual improvement activities
• Excellent Communication and Analytical skills
• Excellent MS Office skills
• Excellent SQL scripting skills
• Must have good understanding on Oracle 11G or 12c Database
• Must have prior experience working with PeopleSoft HCM 9.x (or higher), PeopleTools 8.5x, and Oracle 9.x (or higher).
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Organized and detail-oriented; able to effectively perform multiple/concurrent tasks within deadlines in a dynamic environment
1. Provides assessments of technical and operational practices based on leading industry standards specific to the requested technology.
2. Plans, organizes, and conducts research in a variety of areas, such as new or existing products, science, social science, law or business in support of an IT initiative.
3. Searches sources such as reference works, literature, documents, newspapers, statistical records, and other sources of information. May use Internet, Intranet, magazines, periodicals, journals, and other media to perform research.
4. Analyzes information and statistical data to prepare reports and studies for use by professionals.
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.