Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 06/20/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
Experience working in networking or a network operations center department. Primary role involves monitoring critical infrastructure and network related components,performing an initial triage of incidents, and escalating incidents.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
6-10 yrs documenting user requirements (Required 6 years)
6-10 yrs preparing complex technical documentation (Required 6 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 10 years)
Experience with network monitoring tools Solarwind, Netscout, Splunk, HP Appulse or Sitecope (Ideally 2 or more). (Required 6 years)
Hardware Configuration, Operation Monitoring and Maintenance tasks (Required 6 years)
Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) and Routing Protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, and eVPN/VRF) (Required 5 years)
Monitoring and responding to hardware, software, and network problems (Required 6 years)
Prior experience managing and engineering complex network infrastructure (not just supporting it) (Required 5 years)
The NOC Network Engineer is responsible for technical support, maintenance and monitoring of highly available and complex District Government enterprise network infrastructure. Primary role involves monitoring critical infrastructure and network related components, performing an initial triage of incidents, and escalating incidents.
Analyst Role and Responsibilities:
• Monitor global network infrastructure (Solarwinds, Splunk, HP Apppulse, and Sitescope)
• Contribute to Root Cause Analysis for customer/internal outages and recommend resolutions
• Document infrastructure procedures for internal support
• Prioritize workload to ensure service and project delivery targets achieved
• Review new network designs and changes to ensure that they meet Operational Acceptance Criteria and are supportable
• Update design documentation for internal and customer support
• Contribute to Continuous Service Improvement
• Support after hour and weekend on-call duties for global trading and office support.
• Ensure network availability maintained
• Ensure network issues are resolved in accordance with OCTO service level agreements
• Ensure persistent problems are diagnosed and resolved
• Ensure Changes do not cause business outages or issues
• Ensure accuracy of network documentation
1. Formulates/defines system scope and objectives.
2. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
3. Prepares detailed specifications for programs. Assists in the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software and enhancements of existing applications.
4. Works with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements.
5. Formulates/defines specifications for complex operating software programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
6. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs.
7. Provides overall operating system, such as sophisticated file maintenance routines, large telecommunications networks, computer accounting, and advanced mathematical/scientific software packages.
8. Assists all phases of software systems programming applications.
9. Evaluates new and existing software products.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.