Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DOEE – 1200 1st Street NE Suite 500 Washington, DC 20002
Position closes 06/28/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
The Department of Energy and Environment (DOEE) seeks an Entry-level IT Consultant to assist with development, enhancement, and maintenance of modules within existing Quick Base databases.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
1-5 yrs planning, coordinating, and monitoring project activities (Required 2 years)
1-5 yrs leading projects, ensuring they are in compliance with established standards/procedures (Required 2 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 2 years)
At least 3 years of experience with Quick Base (Highly desired 3 years)
2018 Quick Base App Builder Certification (Highly desired 1 year)
Ability to develop and implement custom pages in custom applications using both the Quick Base API as well as the native Quick Base interface (Required 2 years)
Ability to build Quick Base applications, pages, and dashboards for program analysis and business processes analysis (Required 2 years)
Ability to design and improve custom software applications (Required 2 years)
Ability to collaborate with project managers, users, stakeholders, and others with varying levels of IT knowledge to design user-centric applications (Required 2 years)
Ability to respond to multiple time-sensitive tasks and deadlines (Required 2 years)
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing (Required 2 years)
The Department of Energy and Environment (DOEE) seeks an IT Consultant who will assist DOEE with several existing program databases, each of which is built using Quick Base. The IT Consultant will work with DOEE’s Regulatory Review Division (RRD) staff to build, enhance, and maintain modules within existing databases. Specific design requirements will be identified by RRD. The IT Consultant must have experience developing databases using low-code, cloud-based database platforms. Experience with Quick Base is preferred.
The IT Consultant will work with DOEE staff to build and maintain databases that are used to implement water-related permitting and incentive programs. The IT Consultant must have the capacity to collaborate with DOEE staff that has various levels of IT knowledge. The IT Consultant must have the ability to develop database modules and functions that DOEE’s non-technical program staff can adapt to other functions and purposes.
The IT Consultant will build database modules to meet DOEE’s program implementation requirements. Most database modules have been or will be designed by DOEE, and some database modules have already been partially constructed. The IT Consultant will also assist in general administration of the databases, including through data quality control, user management, and documentation of the database design.
Specific tasks will include:
– Creation of tables, fields, formulas, and relationships within the existing databases
– Creation of database workflows and automation of database workflows
– Creation of reports and document templates
– Creation of user roles and permission settings
– Developing interfaces/integrations between multiple databases
Applicants must have the capability to:
– Develop and implement custom pages in custom applications using both the Quick Base API as well as the native Quick Base interface;
– Build Quick Base applications, pages, and dashboards for program analysis and business processes analysis;
– Design and improve custom software applications;
– Collaborate with project managers, users, stakeholders, and others with varying levels of IT knowledge to design user-centric applications;
– Respond to multiple time-sensitive tasks and deadlines;
– Communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
Additional preference will be given to applicants with:
– At least 3 years of experience with Quick Base, and
– The 2018 Quick Base App Builder Certification.
1. Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
2. Plans, coordinates, and monitors project activities.
3. Develops technical applications to support users.
4. Develops, implements, maintains and enforces documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
5. Provides training for system products and procedures.
6. Performs application upgrades.
7. Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real- time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
8. Troubleshoots problems.
9. Ensures project life-cycle is in compliance with District standards and procedures.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.