Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCIO – 1101 4th Street SW Suite W350
Position closes 07/03/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
DHCF is currently seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager to provide a complete range of support for the management and operations of CIO Projects and Programs in support of the Systems Development Life Cycle for DHCF.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
11-15 yrs BA experience (Required 11 years)
11-15 yrs Software Development Lifecycle experience (Required 11 years)
11-15 yrs requirements gathering and documentation (Required 11 years)
11-15 yrs MS Office/PowerPoint experience (Required 11 years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 15 years)
Work experience in finance and revenue (Required 5 years)
Advanced sql database management skills (Required 8 years)
Practical application ability with Microsoft office and visio (Required 8 years)
Detailed analytical abilities (Required 8 years)
The business analyst is responsible for solving business problems, business architect, process optimization, business rules, business cases, business requirements, organizational change (communications), UAT.
• The goal of business process analysis is to understand and document current business procedures and identify areas for improvement. A thorough understanding of the current state of the organization is necessary prior to recommending changes related to implementing a new business solution.
• The business analyst is responsible for the knowledge transfer of business requirements to the application/database developers and project managers.
• Develop comprehensive E2E test cases at the application and multi-application levels
• Implement a comprehensive management plan for each project and hold regular stakeholder meetings to keep all interested parties updated in project progress
• The business analyst shall be able to make cogent arguments recommending a course of action.
• The Business analyst need to Scour through enormous amounts of information in the business area that they support to find the salient points.
• The Business analyst shall be able to create a classification and evaluation system of dimensions and performance measures that describe their business domain. The business domain that we are looking to hire is in Finance and Specifically Tax and revenue
• New business patterns happen all the time, and detecting them can provide a significant advantage. Business analyst shall be able to identify and address the change in business process
• Business analysts is also sometimes expected to build models to perform the sensitivity analysis to identify the right amount of resources for a task
• Business analysts should be able to convert a current business object from one state to another future state
• Business analyst shall Understand the variety of standard ideas and methods for requirements gathering and elicitation Translate what business wants into IT could understand
• Business analyst shall be able to create trust between Business and IT
• Business analyst shall identify and implement solutions
• Business analyst shall develop application specific technical knowledge allowing them to customize solutions
• Business analyst shall provide application support for less savvy business users
1. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
2. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirements specifications.
3. Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist of most phases of systems analysis, while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience; or a current Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.