Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCIO – 1101 4th Street SW Suite W350
Position closes 07/25/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
11-15 years of experience. Provides assessments of technical and operational practices based on leading industry standards specific to the requested technology.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
11-15 yrs as SME in complex enterprise level projects (Required)
Master’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
Modeling Enterprise Wide Data Warehouse (Required 11 years)
Java Script, HTML, Jquery, Rest API (Required 11 years)
Tableau 10 desktop (certified) and server professional (Required 11 years)
Tableau developer and administrator (Required 11 years)
Knowledge Public Sector Financial data (Desired 5 Years)
Experience working in Oracle 12Cg RAC (Required 5 years)
Windows 2010, 2016 (Required 5 years)
The District of Columbia Office of the Chief Financial Officer/Office of the Chief Information Officer is seeking to acquire a Senior Tableau developer to support the day-to-day basic reports/dashboards for the District’s Tableau environments. The developer will be responsible for developing and modifying worksheets and data visualization dashboards. This is position shall be utilized to support the overall modernization efforts of the OCFO’s reporting environment. This will be a requirement based contract based on the following skillset and responsibilities.
The specialist shall be responsible for all aspects of Tableau 10.3 environments which includes the configuration, performance planning, tuning and optimization of all environments including, development, user acceptance testing (UAT) and training and development of training material as needed.
1. Daily monitoring of system for nightly jobs normal completion as well as overall health of system;
2. Support day to day basic reporting systems, which will include help desk issues, end user support;
3. Provide hands-on development support assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets;
4. Responsible for developing and documenting business processes, requirements and testing processes;
5. Responsible for designing, developing and maintaining reports and multi-level dashboards
6. Responsible for designing, developing and maintaining tableau imbedded applications;
7. Coordinate with appropriate personnel to determine positive solutions that increase end user satisfaction, following through to completion, and communicating resolution results;
8. Work closely with developers, testers in all projects and in close collaboration with team members to ensure enhancement of software quality.
1. Provides assessments of technical and operational practices based on leading industry standards specific to the requested technology.
2. Plans, organizes, and conducts research in a variety of areas, such as new or existing products, science, social science, law or business in support of an IT initiative.
3. Searches sources such as reference works, literature, documents, newspapers, statistical records, and other sources of information. May use Internet, Intranet, magazines, periodicals, journals, and other media to perform research.
4. Analyzes information and statistical data to prepare reports and studies for use by professionals.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.