Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DOES – 4058 Minnesota Avenue, NE Washington, DC 20019
Position closes 08/08/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
11-15 years of experience. Evaluates, recommends, and implements automated test tools and strategies.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
11-15 yrs designing, implementing, and conducting tests to ensure system reqs. are met for complex software/hardware applications (Required 11 Years)
11-15 yrs creating and maintaining automated test plans and scripts (Required 11 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required 11 Years)
Experience in testing web based and client/server applications (Required 11 Years)
Must have solid understanding requirements and writing test scripts and use cases (Required 11 Years)
Should have some knowledge with Microsoft SQL Server (Required 7 Years)
Delivered weekly reports showing progress against outstanding testing milestones, issues, risks and dependencies (Required 11 Years)
Contributed to the entire software development life cycle (SDLC – Agile and Waterfall preferred) from initial business requirements to deployment (Required 7 Years)
Experience in automated functional testing (Required 11 Years)
Must have good understanding on Microsoft SQL Server and working knowledge of SQL (Required 7 Years)
Experience in implementing test scenarios and Use Cases (Required 11 Years)
Experience with Automated testing tools (Desired 11 Years)
Integration/Performance Testing Experience (Required 11 Years)
MS Office (Required 11 Years)
SDLC – Agile and Waterfall experience (Required 7 Years)
Federal, State, or Local Government Experience (Highly desired 7 Years)
Functional Tester has strong of knowledge in quality assurance, release management, testing and provides advanced system testing support for Microsoft .Net web based application, interfaces with external systems, and reporting. Can perform quality testing and lead user acceptance testing . The functional tester will be able to write a test plan based upon requirements, develop test scripts, perform testing, and assist in the training of end users or testers and will have deep knowledge in software testing methodology and the system development life cycle. Participation in design specification reviews and technical documentation reviews is essential to performing these duties. Also, the applicant will create testing and performance summary reports clearly communicating to management all testing results. Finally, the tester will help prioritize defects to be fixed using an understanding of the business requirements and the needs of the customer.
1. Evaluates, recommends, and implements automated test tools and strategies.
2. Designs, implements, and conducts test and evaluation procedures to ensure system requirements are met.
3. Develops, maintains, and upgrades automated test scripts and architectures for application products. Also writes, implements, and reports status for system test cases for testing. Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports.
4. Serves as subject matter specialist providing testing know- how for the support of user requirements of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications.
5. Directs and/or participates in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.