Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 08/06/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
Provides development of project software quality assurance plan and the implementation of procedures that conforms to the requirements of the contract.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Design, develop and execute automated test cases from requirements. Tools for eg. HP QTP/UFT or TestComplete or Selenium etc. (Required 8 Years)
Design, develop and execute test plans and test cases for assigned project using HP Quality Center/ALM for writing test cases, defect management. (Required 8 Years)
Lead all technical testing efforts including functional & automated testing. (Required 8 Years)
Provide defect status and quality metrics to the project manager to ensure bugs are resolved in a timely manner. (Required 8 Years)
Deep knowledge of healthcare operations business processes. (Required 5 Years)
Design and support user interface testing application and regression testing software. (Required 8 Years)
Advanced level knowledge of writing SQL queries. (Required 5 Years)
Have good understanding on Oracle 11G or 12c Database (Required 3 Years)
16+ yrs developing software quality assurance plans (Required 16 Years)
16+ yrs developing test plans and procedures (Required 16 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
The Software Quality Assurance/Functional Tester has strong of knowledge in quality assurance, functional testing, release management, automation test tools (e.g. HP QTP, UFT, Test Complete, or other tools), provides advanced system testing support.
The Quality Assurance Analyst will under general supervision and following the established procedures for quality assurance, design and implement test plans, including creating automated test scripts using test tools, processes and procedures. This role is responsible for the coordination, creation, execution, maintenance of test cases, and automated functional test scripts to ensure quality control standards are achieved. This position also works in collaboration with all QA testers to meet the testing objectives of the organization and make continuous improvements to maximize testing coverage.
• The functional tester will be able to write a test plan based upon requirements, develop functional automated test scripts, perform testing, will have deep knowledge in software testing methodology and the system development life cycle.
• Develop and maintain any functional and regression tests to ensure code is functioning as designed. Apply test methodology and product knowledge in the design of tests and testing strategies.
• Support testing of multiple major releases in coordination with development team/vendors while monitoring testing activities and key internal deliverable.
• Participation in design specification review and technical documentation review is essential to performing these duties.
• Create testing summary reports, clearly communicating to management all testing results.
• Work closely with the development team to ensure that defects are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
• Help prioritize defects to be fixed using an understanding of the business requirements and the needs of the customer.
• Provide testing support for all Software Applications that are tested by SQA team.
• Significant experience testing across browser web applications
iii. Detailed Responsibilities Include:
• Design test cases and execute all types of testing (e.g. functional, integration, end-to-end) on all variety of platforms (e.g. mobile, web, portal frameworks)
• Perform all technical testing efforts including functional automated test scripts development, and test plans.
• Provide production support of software products by investigating and recreating reported defects
• Experience with scripting SQL queries and good understanding of the Oracle 11g or 12c Database
• Work with multiple database interfaces and be familiar with standard web architectures
• Assist project teams in determining appropriate quality goals and acceptance criteria. Develop and maintain repeatable and scalable automation test suites; generate manual test scenarios and test cases in a format that can be automated.
• Work closely with development team to understand how product changes affect maintenance of test cases and the QA testing environments. Participate in review sessions of business requirements.
• Contribute to the entire software development life cycle (SDLC – Agile and Waterfall preferred) from initial business requirements to deployment & production support
• Experience with HP Quality Center/ALM
• Conduct test case reviews and ensure requirements traceability, proper coverage
• Experience and advanced knowledge of IBM Cúram software in accordance with Affordable Care Act (ACA) health care reform covering MAGI Medicaid and including TANF, POWER, ESNAP, DSNAP, and SNAP Programs.
• Review, understands IBM Curam Rules and Polices, workflows per the requirements for the complex business processes; Tests, validates the delivered solutions in IBM Curam.
• Experience and knowledge of the 6 Curam Modules including Verification Engine, Universal Access, Social Program Management Platform, Life Event Management, Income Support for Medical Assistance and Evidence Broker.
• Bachelor of Science degree Required
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Organized and detail-oriented; able to effectively perform multiple/concurrent tasks within deadlines in a dynamic environment
1. Provides development of project software quality assurance plan and the implementation of procedures that conforms to the requirements of the contract.
2. Provides an independent assessment of how the project’s software development process is being implemented relative to the defined process and recommends methods to optimize the organization’s process.
3. May be responsible for all activities involving quality assurance and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
4. Conducts audits and reviews/analyzes data and documentation.
5. Develops and implements procedures and test plans for assuring quality in a system development environment which supports large databases and applications.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.