Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCIO – 1101 4th Street SW Suite W350
Position closes 08/14/2017
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
6-10 years of experience. Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
I.T. troubleshooting and support in basic networking, with desktops/laptops/tablets and peripherals (Required 6 years)
Installation and configuration of tablets/laptops/desktops and peripherals using the current Windows platform (Required 6 years)
Customer support for IT related hardware and software issues (Required 6 years)
A+ Certification (Highly desired)
Remote Support Tools: Cloud Management Suite (Desired)
Microsoft O365 (Desired)
Asset Management (Desired)
Microsoft Windows 10 (Required 2 years)
Ability to: develop FAQ’s and test equipment/applications employing UAT (Desired)
6-10 yrs diagnosing and resolving end user computer/computer peripherals problems (Required 6 Years)
6-10 yrs providing second-tier support to end users, server, or mainframe apps/hardware (Required 6 Years)
6-10 yrs documenting, tracking and monitoring end user, server, or mainframe apps/hardware problems (Required 6 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Highly desired
As part of the OCFO technology team, the I. T. Specialist-Cust Support will provide I. T. support to OCFO enterprise customers. The IT Specialist is responsible for rendering remote and on-site assistance; troubleshooting, resolving and /or escalating requests for resolution. The IT Specialist must become familiar with OCFO proprietary applications, Microsoft Office 2016/O365 and Windows 10 platform. Also, the I.T. Specialist will be responsible for imaging desktops/laptops. Additionally, the applicant will be required to inventory, configure and deploy telecom devices, desktop computers, laptop computers and tablets. The applicant must have enterprise level experience, excellent written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills, polished telephone etiquette and focus on providing outstanding customer service.
Tasks for the I. T. Service Desk Level 2 Technician are as follows:
– Provide OPTIMAL customer support to all OCFO I. T. end-users to include top level senior executives and colleagues.
– Process customer requests from phone/email, etc.; update inventory records for all desktop/laptop/tablet/mobile device transactions.
– Configure, image, deploy tablets/laptops/desktops/mobile phones/peripherals on the Windows7 or Windows10 platform.
– Render account management support to end-users via Active Directory and other OCFO applications; monitor system performance.
– Document all work/hardware/software transactions by creating/tracking/resolving or escalating tickets per defined SLA’s.
– Render I. T. support by analyzing issues with infrastructure, network, desktops, peripherals, laptops, tablets and minor server problems.
– Work independently and with team; convey technical information to non-technical customers.
– Must be able to lift/carry 40 pounds; travel to offsite locations and complete other duties as assigned.
1. Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users.
2. Ensures a timely process through which problems are controlled. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps.
3. Supervises operation of help desk and serves as focal point for customer concerns.
4. Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
5. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
6. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
7. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
8. Provides second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware.
9. Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
10. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
11. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
Background check is required, if selected for the position. There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.