Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
DOES – 4058 Minnesota Avenue, NE Washington, DC 20019
Position closes 09/07/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
DC Department of Employment Service is seeking an IT Consultant with Senior Level .Net Developer skill sets to provide application development support for the District Government’s Department of Employment Services UI Enhancement Project.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
HTML5 / CSS3 / JS AJAX experience (Required 11 Years)
MS SQL Server 2008 / 2012 experience (T-SQL, Stored Procedures) (Required 11 Years)
Experience in .Net CORE Framework (Required 11 Years)
jQuery and JSON experience (Required 11 Years)
Github or SVN experience Agile methodology (Required 11 Years)
Experience (Waterfall, Agil scrum) (Required 11 Years)
Expertise on the .NET 4.0, 4.5 Frameworks (Required 11 Years)
PeterBlum – Third party validation controls experience (Nice to have)
Excellent understanding of the ASP.NET MVC 3/4 Framework (Required 11 Years)
Experience with MVC development (Required 11 Years)
Web Accessibility and 508 compliance experience (Nice to have)
Veracode security review for potential security leak (Nice to have)
Experience implementing Web Services utilizing (Required 11 Years)
Experience implementing Web Services utilizing WCF, SOAP, XML, IIS (Required 11 Years)
Strong knowledge and understanding of Object (Required 11 Years)
Oriented concepts and practices (Required 11 Years)
Experience with Development platforms/tools – MS Visual Studio 2010 – 2015 (Required 11 Years)
Experience with TFS (Required 11 Years)
Experience using LINQ, ADO.NET, Entity Framework (Required 11 Years)
Overall hands-on developer experience (Required 11 Years)
11 yrs troubleshooting production problems related to software applications (Highly desired)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
This is a senior level position the candidate has to have 11 years of work experience to be considered for this position. The IT Consultant designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications and components; supports and/or installs software applications and components; works from written specifications and pre-established District and federal guidelines to perform the functions of the job and maintains documentation of process flow.
1. Analyzes, designs, develops, troubleshoots, implements & supports enterprise complex projects and ensure compatibility with hardware systems.
2. Interfaces with other offices, consults with and informs user departments on system requirements, resolve problems and operating difficulties for the current and future enhancements to District’s system.
3. Customizes existing software based on research and current customer needs as appropriate.
4. Participates in problem resolution related to system design and implementation review.
5. Recommends approval of functional and technical design documents and implementation of systems, program enhancements and updates of applications.
6. Analyzes and evaluates system changes to determine feasibility, alternative solutions and back-up procedures.
7. Works on the development of new systems, upgrades and enhancements to existing systems and ensure systems are in compliance with approved standards.
8. Designs and Develops Stored Procedures, Functions, SQL Scripts and reports in database query language.
9. Develops software system testing procedures, programming and documentation to ensure standard use of procedures.
10. Provides input for documentation of new or existing programs to ensure information accessibility, as required.
11. Maintains communication with management and customers regarding status of software development and problems.
12. Provides the client base with first level support.
1. Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
2. Researches, tests, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
3. Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
4. Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
5. Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
6. Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
7. Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
8. Acts as team leader on projects.
9. Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
10. Participates in development of software user manuals.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.