Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 11/12/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
The Endpoint Engineer/Administrator shall plan, design, implement and operate Endpoint Security infrastructure to protect the DCGOV IT infrastructure.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
Demonstrated experience in the upgrade path for Virus scan 8.x to ENS 10.x (Required 2 Years)
Demonstrated experience with PaloAlto Traps (Required 2 Years)
Demonstrated experience using McAfee endpoint Drive Encryption (Required 2 Years)
Demonstrated experience with PowerShell or Shell scripting (Required 5 Years)
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent data security and networking experience (Required 4 Years)
Posses or obtain within first three months (Intel Security Product Specialist—ePO, Intel Security Product Specialist—NSP) (Required)
Demonstrated experience with Endpoint Security management solutions (Required 11 Years)
The Endpoint Engineer/Administrator will be intimately familiar with next generation Endpoint protection platform including but not limited to McAfee Endpoint security suite, Palo Alto Traps, Check Point Endpoint security. The engineer must have mastery level skill with Virus Scan Enterprise, McAfee Endpoint Threat Defense and Response Suite, Rogue System Detection, Data loss prevention. Hands on experience with implementing and managing at least one of the following drive encryption technologies McAfee Drive Encryption, Check Point Endpoint Security, Bitlocker, Apple FileVault. To be successful in this position, the candidate must display excellent teamwork skills, technical, written and oral communication skills, and ability to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must have in depth knowledge of the afore-mentioned point products and have the ability to formulate Security policy and manage Security configuration.
• Manage McAfee EPO and other endpoint security server infrastructure and perform day to day tune up and maintenance as required.
• Manage various components of McAfee endpoint protections suite and PaloAlto Traps Suite.
• Manage upgrade lifecycle of endpoint protection suite as required after proper testing and validation
• Create and update endpoint agent polices as per requirements to tackle emerging threats
• Provide recommendations on product usage based on business requirements.
• provide assistance and validation of implementation timelines and delivery management
• Communicate clearly to executive management and manage the reporting process.
• coordinate and drive McAfee solutions and direction to achieve measurable increases in product deployment, end-user knowledge, and operationalization
• provide up to date information on product updates and alerts
Experience and Skills
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities required by the incumbent to successfully fulfill the Major Duties and perform the Tasks required for this position include:
• Commercially available McAfee ePO 5.x Off-The-Shelf (COTS) products
• McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Windows and Linux
• McAfee Policy Auditor for Windows and Linux
• Rogue System Detection (RSD) for Windows and Linux
• Performing successful updates and upgrades of McAfee Point Products
• Troubleshooting complex endpoint issues with VSE, DE, PA and RSD
• Experience with McAfee Drive Encryption for Windows and Mac extremely desired
• Experience with McAfee Application Control extremely desired
• Experience with McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention for Desktop (HIPS) extremely desired
• Experience with McAfee Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and Device Control (DC) preferred
• Experience with McAfee Policy Auditor for Windows and Linux (PAW & PAL) preferred
• Experience with McAfee Application Inventory Agent (Risk Advisor) preferred
• Experience with McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Windows and Linux (VSEW & VSEL) preferred
• Experience with McAfee Management for Optimized Virtual Environments (MOVE) preferred
• Experience with McAfee Endpoint Protection for Macs (EPM) preferred
• McAfee ePO subject-matter expert (SME).
• Experience in migrating Virus scan 8.x to ENS 10.x
• Experience with PaloAlto Traps
• Experience with Checkpoint Endpoint protection.
• Strong McAfee Drive Encryption.
• PowerShell or Shell scripting
• No travel anticipated
1. Provides assessments of technical and operational practices based on leading industry standards specific to the requested technology.
2. Plans, organizes, and conducts research in a variety of areas, such as new or existing products, science, social science, law or business in support of an IT initiative.
3. Searches sources such as reference works, literature, documents, newspapers, statistical records, and other sources of information. May use Internet, Intranet, magazines, periodicals, journals, and other media to perform research.
4. Analyzes information and statistical data to prepare reports and studies for use by professionals.
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.