Contract with Government of the District of Columbia
OCTO – 200 I Street, SE Washington DC 20003
Position closes 11/09/2018
US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only
The Office of CTO for the City of Washington DC is looking for a Senior Network Security Engineer to join their Citywide IT Security Program.
Skills/Required Years of Experience:
10+ years of Information Security experience. (Required 10 Years)
8+ years demonstrated operational implementation and use one of the following next Gen firewall technologies Check point, Palo Alto, Cisco (Required 8 Years)
5+ years in-depth experience working with IPS/IDS Platforms, web application firewall platforms, Database security, authentication platforms. (Required 5 Years)
5+ years demonstrated operational implementation of secure enterprise wired and wireless networks and network access control platforms (Required 5 Years)
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience (Required)
16 yrs identifying, reporting, and resolving security violations (Required 16 Years)
16 yrs performing vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems/apps (Required 16 Years)
16 yrs developing, maintaining, and recommending enhancements to IS policies/requirements (Required 16 Years)
Choice of CISSP, CCIE, CCNP, CCSE is required (Required)
As a member of the security Team this role is responsible for providing expertise in the planning, design, installation, and maintenance of security systems. This role will be a subject matter expert across the Information Security spectrum to include Firewall and Network Security, Cloud Security & Network Defense and Intrusion Detection.
The consultant should have demonstrated experience in assessing and recommending required security controls for enterprise networks.
• Identify, evaluate and implement technical security controls to continuously improve the organization’s security posture.
• Partake in reviews with the system development teams to ensure security and privacy by design principals are followed.
• Serve as subject matter expert in the knowledge of latest cyber security industry trends, technology tools and practices.
• Develops and implements information security standards and procedures for systems, applications, and third-party systems and vendors
• Ability to understand large scale enterprise network architecture.
• Experience and in-depth working knowledge of multiple technical disciplines including common Internet protocols, routing/switching, network security monitoring technologies and networking protocols including (OSPF, MPLS, BGP, IPv6).
• In-depth knowledge of DOS/Intrusion Prevention and Detection solutions, Network Access Control (NAC), Proxy (FTP, Web).
• Experience with all or some of the following systems: Check point, Juniper SRX, Palo Alto NGFW, Cisco ASA, Cisco Firepower, Gigamon, Splunk, SolarWinds
• Extensive technical product experience in site-to-site VPN, user VPN, RSA (SecureID), TACACS, Radius, DMVPN.
• Provide Tier 3 support and escalation and act as a subject matter expert for security-related incidents and problems.
• Solve complex problem situations and participate in the identification of opportunities for improvement to processes, procedures, or tools.
• Extensive knowledge of Windows, OSX and *nix operating systems.
• Extensive knowledge of VMware, Microsoft virtualization
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities required by the incumbent to successfully fulfill the Major Duties and perform the Tasks required for this position include:
• 10+ years of Information Security experience.
• 8-10 years demonstrated operational implementation and use one of the following firewall technologies Check point, Juniper SRX, Palo Alto NGFW, Cisco.
• 5-8 years in-depth experience working with Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus Series switches, F5 Load balancers.
• 5-8 years demonstrated operational implementation of secure enterprise wired and wireless networks.
• Demonstrated documentation skills.
• B.A. or B.S. degree in Computer Science
• CISSP, CCIE, CCNP, CCSE or similar certification required
• Scripting experience is a plus
Background check is required, if selected for the position.
There are no reimbursable expenses allocated to this position.